Author Topic: Greetings from Portugal 2  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
Re: Greetings from Portugal 2
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
Haven't visited Portugal for many years now but used to own a timeshare there.  Does anyone know how much long term rental of villas costs now in the algarve   

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Haven't visited Portugal for many years now but used to own a timeshare there.  Does anyone know how much long term rental of villas costs now in the algarve
If you let me have some more details, how long, how many beds etc. I check out the letting agents.

It appears every man and his dog visited Portugal this summer. The cottage we are in was full all season.

I've already checked out an apartment in Luz and for 1 bedroom sea front they are asking £265 per week for a 4 month let.

Being on GMT is another plus here.

DonM

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
We met a couple from Hull a few weeks back who had just negotiated an apartment in Alvor for 6 months for £700. That included everything - electric, braodband, tv, the lot! OK it's winter but it's a damn good deal.

They were really there to safeguard English owners property for the winter and I suppose that's why the negotiated such a cheap deal.

Offline col

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 15:11:55 PM »
The Algarve is so nice, cheap all year round flights & short flying time & so much cleaner than Calis & without so many know it all ex pats

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 15:30:54 PM »
Please note: that was not me writing under an abbreviated username; only Hilary is allowed to call me that.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 19:26:14 PM »
The Algarve is so nice, cheap all year round flights & short flying time & so much cleaner than Calis & without so many know it all ex pats

We thoroughly enjoyed the Algarve (especially the wine to price ratio) but I suppose it depends on the establishments you frequent.

Andy Murray was in the Wimbledon final when we were there and we found a sports bar that had it on. I can report that it was full of know it all ex pats   :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 23:24:51 PM »
Trust me there are plenty of know it all ex pats. We've been going for over fifteen years. Love the place but it's so different to Calis.

Both have their good and bad points and we feel very lucky to be able to afford to go to both places every year.

This October was the busiest for years. The weather was gorgeous and the prices not changed much since two years ago (we missed last year due to other holiday commitments). Only the weak pound meant it cost us a little more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf