Author Topic: A very nice gesture  (Read 1292 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
A very nice gesture
« on: November 02, 2016, 18:13:28 PM »
On our recent Brittany ferries crossing from Portsmouth to Santander the boat arrived 6 hours late. They gave us a free meal and contacted our hotel letting them know we would be arriving well after midnight. I thought no more about it until the following e mail arrived. It was a pleasant surprise and something I did not expect.

"Dear Mr Madge,

We are really sorry that your sailing from Portsmouth to Santander on board Baie De Seine on Saturday 22nd October 2016 was delayed.

Baie de Seine encountered an isolated technical problem in the fuel flow to one of her engines. We do appreciate that disruption of this nature is always inconvenient and will, of course, have considerable impact on passengers' travel plans.

Please note that we have now automatically refunded 25% of the affected leg via method of payment. By way of apology and in recognition of the disappointment caused, we have also issued you with a goodwill voucher for the same amount that will be sent to you by post.

Any out of pocket expenses or consequential losses will need to be claimed through your own travel insurance. Please send us an e-mail if you would like us to provide a letter to assist you with this claim.

Once again, on behalf of everyone at Brittany Ferries, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you on board again in the future.

Kind regards,

Gareth Bewley
Customer Services

Offline Stuart T

Re: A very nice gesture
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 18:21:04 PM »
Exemplary customer service.

Good news, Don - delighted to read about it.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: A very nice gesture
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 20:17:54 PM »

Nice service, and nice post Don.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf