Author Topic: Goverment vehicle insurance  (Read 10671 times)

Offline tony jenkins

Goverment vehicle insurance
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 19:01:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

I havent got a government vehicle anyway

Its called a Mobility Car in the uk  ;)

Offline Denise40

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 13:38:56 PM »
Traffic Insurance was due today - Ok so we left it a bit late to sort out! started to try to renew yesterday anyway it seems the problem was not with our residency but with a new computer system that kicked off on 1st April insurance now linked with the traffic police system, because our old policy did not include passport or tax number, this hasn't been required in the past (this we could have added with the previous agent before expiry date had we known)! Because the computer said NO - it wouldn't come up with showing I had a policy and all the details needed to be able to proceed with a renewal!!  Anyway with paying a bit extra we got it sorted - didn't fancy a trip to the traffic police to see if we could add details to their system as we didn't have the time with the policy expirying today.  One lesson learn't don't leave anything until the last minute!  

Thanks to the lovely lady (Dina) in the renault garage who speaks excellent english, explained everything to us, i.e you don't need a residency number for insurance so long as you have passport and tax numbers, she deals with all insurance policies, car, home etc.

However, would be interesting to know whether anyone else experiences these problems because according to her - its one big headache for foreigners and Turks alike!

Offline garyo

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »
Hi Eric can you tell me where No2 notary is located in Fethiye.Thanks Gary

Offline Eric

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 15:21:33 PM »
Opposite the Zabita Offices, behind those buildings, upstairs.  Or, if you know where Mozaic Bahce is, stand there looking towards the sea, No 2 is upstairs in the buildings to the right of there about 30 metres.

Offline garyo

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 17:20:03 PM »
Thanks Eric.

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 17:12:07 PM »
I can confirm Denise40 is correct.  I went to my agent on Tuesday to renew my insurance.  Afer 2.50 hours I blew.  He kept ringing the insurers and screaming at them that I have been waiting for all this time.  I took my Kimlik number (new nufus number), my passport number and my tax number.  After another 2 hours (total in office 4 hours) my insurers could not process.  He explained that the system had changed on the 1st April and yes no matter what they did the computer said "No".  I had to come away, I was so exhausted, hungry and tired.  He phoned me yesterday to come down so that he could copy my ownership documents.  I could hear him on the phone and I gathered by what he said that he had tried to go with another insurance company.  I have not heard anything today so it's in the hands of the Gods I guess.  I said I have to drive my car for work and he assured me that if the police pulled me over for any reason I was to get them to phone him mmmmmmmmmm

Offline Ivan

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »
Sold our car to a Turkish friend last week, we were at no. 6 notary above Kent vets. before the car could be tranfered to another person it had to be put on the system, so car docs new T.C. no. from residency, tax no & passport details had to go to traffic police for updating there system, then same docs to the tax office for there system to be updated after lunch our car was on the notarys system all business was concluded sucessfully-eventualy!! The new 'TC' or Turkish Republic no's seem to be the problem the only way to find out yours is via the internet once you have it keep it safe for future transactions.

Offline Denise40

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 07:32:21 AM »
Isn't technology great! I thought TC numbers are only given if you have residency?  this didn't seem to be the problem, we were unable to get insurance based on our previous policy because the information now required wasn't uploaded when system went live this being passort or tax number so therefore it wasn't linked to the traffic police PC system, I would suggest to anyone with insurance they check with their agent to insure their details are with/linked to the system otherwise problems may arise when you need to renew. Basically we had to buy a new insurance policy as if we had never had previous policies so ended up paying extra for higher premium - had we not left it until the day of renewal we may had sorted something out.

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 14:33:35 PM »
We are selling our car, and need to know if anybody has been able to do it without residency. We do have residency but the buyer does not, though he will be applying. As Erik says the No. 2 Noter does not require a residency kimlik number - is this the case now, or not - if anyone has made a recent sale or purchase using No 2 Noter, what was the outcome? Many thanks in hopeful advance :-)
quote:
Originally posted by Eric[?]

Told ya:D:D:D ;) ;) ;)

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39732&whichpage=2

We actually popped into our own insurers today to check on this.  She confirmed that you DO NOT need residence to insure your car.

Offline peecee

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »
I sold my car last year. First of all I found Notaire 2 incredibly unhelpful, insisting that you DID need residency to buy/sell. they just couldn't be bothered to do the extra bit of work required.

Bought residency to sell car but then found out that it wasn't required[:(!] What a waste of money that was[:(!]
There is another Notaire, No. 5, I think, that are very helpful.  They are very close to No.2, difficult to explain but down the one way street, past fish market, heading towards PTT.  The insurance office street. They are up some stairs in a little shopping arcade.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf