Author Topic: Signing up to Turk Telekom (revised heading)  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Signing up to Turk Telekom (revised heading)
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
]Have been told you can just subscribe to broadband now - searched on here but can't find anything. Has anybody got this and if so can you tell me how much and where from? Also do you get wireless router so you can use more than one device at once?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:07:09 PM by Ian »

Offline screamlead

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:01:48 AM »
As far as i know you can just buy a dongle to connect to your lappy. As regards wireless routers you would have to buy seperately and go from there.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
Ian I think Gary (Echostar) was doing a satelite system for broadband which does not need a landline contact him he will tell you more about it
Mark

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 13:48:36 PM »
Special offer on at PTT TURK TELECOM at the mo: 39tl a month for 8mb (unlimited download) broadband inc. phone line, why not go for this & just not use the phone? Only catch is you have to sign a 2 year agreement.

Edit: Originally said PTT but actually meant Turk Telecom, apologies.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 17:32:29 PM by Supacabby »

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 15:20:07 PM »
We have broadband with no landline - unlimited YTL 57 ( I think) per month with Turk Telecom. Works fine.

Funny thing though we went in the other day to get costs for adding on a landline and the man I spoke to told me you couldn't have ADSL without a landline!!! I had to almost convince him that we did already!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 16:23:27 PM »
Thanks for replies - Mark 1 - spoke with Gary and may go for that option BUT I still have a problem with no Internet and the package is really reduced now to basically a few channels - ITV & Ch 4 with the plus 1's on both and some radio stations.

So thinking that Internet and UK TV might be a better option and solves my Internet problem as I am about to start using a dongle I brought over - tested it yesterday - works fine but will cost me 39 TL a month.

Mark 2 - by PTT do you mean the main post office in town?
And would 8mb be ok for watching tv?
And finally finally - I am using a 160gb Acer netbook over here as it is easy to carry on my scooter - 1 mb RAM - should that work with UKTV and is it easy to get the right cable to throw picture to my tv screen?

Thanks again to all - this forum really is great for this sort of information

Ian  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 16:26:04 PM by Ian »

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 16:33:25 PM »
Hi Ian
I have the dongle but beware, try to watch anything and your 4 gig will only last a few days. You can then end up paying out a couple of hundred per month.

Hot lips, could you let us know some details of the package you have.

Thanks

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 16:44:29 PM »
Jackstee - agreed - the 39 TL deal seems a no brainer to me and then buy a wireless router to make life easier and subscribe to UKTV and buy a cable?

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 16:45:07 PM »
Hi Jackstee,

We simply went into the TurkTelecom office (yellow building) near Kipa - (let me know if you need any further directions)and asked for their unlimited package for broadband only.

You can buy their modem (zyxel) or you can use your own. They came to next day to activate (we ended up waiting 5 weeks for the internet actually but that was because they had to dig up the road to replace a cable) Turk Telecom take the ADSL up to your house and then you need an electrician to install the last bit.

We access BBC I player and ITV player via UKTV access without any hitches. We also download a lot of the TV that we watch and use the internet a lot so this was the best option for us. We download all BBC programmes to i player to avoid buffering, but can't do that with ITV.  Generally with ITV we don't have any buffering except occasionally at very peak times and the internet usage is high.

Their unlimited package is 57 lira PCM. Let me know if you need anymore info

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 17:18:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Thanks for replies - Mark 1 - spoke with Gary and may go for that option BUT I still have a problem with no Internet and the package is really reduced now to basically a few channels - ITV & Ch 4 with the plus 1's on both and some radio stations.

So thinking that Internet and UK TV might be a better option and solves my Internet problem as I am about to start using a dongle I brought over - tested it yesterday - works fine but will cost me 39 TL a month.

Mark 2 - by PTT do you mean the main post office in town?
And would 8mb be ok for watching tv?
And finally finally - I am using a 160gb Acer netbook over here as it is easy to carry on my scooter - 1 mb RAM - should that work with UKTV and is it easy to get the right cable to throw picture to my tv screen?

Thanks again to all - this forum really is great for this sort of information

Ian  :)

Ian for your title Broadband without landline, the system gary has is not for TV it;s a satelite broadband system ideal for places that have no telephone wires etc. it does not include a TV package. but can give 8mb so ideal for streaming uk tv etc.
Mark
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 17:19:15 PM by karaokemark »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf