Author Topic: IT Comms Networking Shop in Fethiye  (Read 1974 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
IT Comms Networking Shop in Fethiye
« on: April 11, 2012, 13:50:27 PM »
I want to buy the following items to build a small home network (both wired and wireless) to cover the the whole house when i am out in Turkey in three weeks time:-

TP-Link 5 Port Unmanaged Mini Switch
TP-Link 200Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adaptors (twin possibly triple pack)
TP-Link TL-WA701ND 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Access Point

So does anyone know of where i might buy these in Fethiye, better still with some personal recommendation and whether they speak good english.  I know I can source these in the UK, but then I'd have the issue of UK power plugs etc., absence of local support, as well as the faff of getting them out to Turkey.

I know I have listed TP-link as the manufacturer of choice, but it is not essential as I'd be as happy to build it using other consumer quality manufacturers such as Belkin or Netgear.

Then all i need worry about is whether the mains power has not been partioned in the house!!

Thanks in advance for any top tips.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 16:51:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

Then all i need worry about is whether the mains power has not been partioned in the house!!

This could be a stumbling block. I know our place has all three phases of electric coming in and the sockets seem to be wired on small circuits off different phases rather than one ring main like in the UK.

Might be worth you seeing how your house is wired before you buy all the gear.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 19:26:09 PM »
Yes that is my fear, I think I have at least two separate consumer units, but providing that they all go back to the same power source at the house I should be OK.

I think I may take out a test pair of powerline ethernet adaptors and test, before I purchase 'Turkish' ones.  Still like to know where in the fethiye area I might be able to buy them, and the other equipment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf