Author Topic: Tapus Suspended May 2012  (Read 8831 times)

Offline carlan

Tapus Suspended May 2012
« on: June 23, 2012, 15:47:00 PM »
Hi,
does anyone have an update on the situation with Tapus for foriegners, are they still suspended?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tapus Suspended May 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 16:22:41 PM »
Sadly so - rumours are that things will return to normal in a week or two but in Turkey you never know. Such a bloody frustrating place sometimes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline carlan

Re: Tapus Suspended May 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 17:02:17 PM »
Hi Scunner   :)
Thanks for the reply, no surprise there really! I am coming over again in October looking to buy, hopefully they will have put the 'goal posts' back by then!
Should you hear anything in the mean time would you mind posting it here? Thanks in advance.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tapus Suspended May 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 17:20:37 PM »
It's not a problem really for people who are buying/selling now - it is an inconvenience more to people who agreed to buy a couple of months ago. If you decide to buy now, there is a wait anyway for the checks etc.

The tragedy is that in pursuit of more sales (by increasing the list if nationalities who can legally buy in Turkey) they managed to shut the entire market down. Hopefully not for much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline carlan

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 22:57:39 PM »
Good point Scunner, thank you, hadn't thought about factoring in the delay.
Had they not embarked on a building frenzie in the first place, with everyone jumping on the bandwagon, they might have managed to sell a steady flow of properties without having to open the floodgates to the world and his wife in a hope of diminishing the stockpile of empty, aging 'new builds'! In a lot of ways the Turks are like lemmings, if one jumps they all jump, pitty someone hadn't thought to hold back and see what happened to the first one that jumped!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 23:37:35 PM »
I don't particularly think it was a Turkish frenzy - British builders were also desperately looking for available land to build more too, even when things were quite obviously slowing down. Strangely at the same time, the big developers seemed to be getting a steady stream of people prepared to pay top dollar for properties - people like me get to meet them several years later when they want to sell and demand to be listed at outrageous prices - because they paid too much initially.

On the other side of the coin there are developers in the Fethiye area who built more and more as demand reduced and reduced, and now sell brand new units at less than cost price just to get money in to keep up the bank loan repayments. This is good for buyers - as long as they get their tapu before the bank does. For me it is bad - one thing not available to me is the ability to compete with people who sell apartments cheaper than the concrete and windows cost them...

Offline carlan

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
That's a sad state of affairs Scunner, there's no way you can compete. Beats me why they couldn't see it coming, why build more when theres less buyers? I know Turkey has it's quirky way of opperating but, and I don't mean any offence, are they really that thick???

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
It's not just in the building trade. Many Turkish "businessmen" seem to think that because a street has 20 bars on it, it's a good idea to open another bar on that street.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:41 PM »
That's very true - hence the 500 chemists that sprung up around the "new" hospital when it was built - and if you have ever been Antalya way (especially on the far side) where a petrol station appears to be a fine indication of a location to build two more petrol stations, one either side...

Offline carlan

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 17:05:13 PM »
So, they really are that thick then?? :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf