Author Topic: How's it going?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
How's it going?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:08:57 AM »
Kisne with a squiggle under the s is an imperative verb form like Sit! Go! etc  It comes from the verb Kisenmek which means to neigh or to whinny like a horse, so it seems you said Whinny!:D
Not as bad as the guy I heard In Migros standing in front of the meat counter pointing at meat and in avery loud voice heard all the way across the store shouting Baaaaa and Mooooo(complete with Horns action on his head)!!!! At least you gave it a try. :)

Offline amanda bullock

How's it going?
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 15:48:22 PM »
LOL.Amanda B

Offline LeeGlo

How's it going?
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 21:05:42 PM »
Hi laffa

If I was you I'd stick with the sarap beyaz or settle for elma che, you don't know what the outcome of asking for horse juice might be - doesn't bear thinking about. If the store keeper goes out back and comes back with something in an un-named bottle beware!

On a more serious note, if you lot are having trouble with classes imagine my problems on my own with the book!! It is a very difficult language, mind you I had trouble with French as well and my tutor lived down the road. Good luck with your test Amanda, I'm sure you will do much better than you think.

Glo

Offline amanda bullock

How's it going?
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 21:16:32 PM »
ooh I doubt it!Just the sight of a test paper and I can't remember a thing.Thanks though.
Amanda B

Offline SEVIYORUM

How's it going?
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 01:01:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Not as bad as the guy I heard In Migros standing in front of the meat counter pointing at meat and in avery loud voice heard all the way across the store shouting Baaaaa and Mooooo(complete with Horns action on his head)!!!!

Oh my gosh!!  :o I remember once there was this man at a kebab place in Fethiye, the Turkish guy slicing the meat (chicken and lamb) asked the English guy in ENGLISH which meat he wanted and the English guy was like (in a very loud voice) - 'LAMB - YOU KNOW.. BAAAAAAAAA' complete with the actions like you decribed Tribal Leader!
I was cringing and thinking to myself 'was there any need!' This poor Turkish guy looked so embarrased!! [xx(]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:03:15 AM by SEVIYORUM »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
How's it going?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 06:22:15 AM »
Same Guy.[?][?][?][?]....Surely there can't be two like that. :)

Offline amanda bullock

How's it going?
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:08:41 PM »
had test last night.It was so so.Didn't get my numbers correct and I know them pretty well.Last time I took a test I was  at school when Noah was a lad.Still I have learnt a lot in 10 weeks,and I can order food etc and be polite.
Amanda B

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
How's it going?
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 17:43:08 PM »
What about the turkish man with athe dog called Count, he was shouting at it on the front but leaving the"O" out, so its not just us having problems with pronouncing the words.We were in bulk laughing.

Offline loulou

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 17:18:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

What about the turkish man with athe dog called Count, he was shouting at it on the front but leaving the"O" out, so its not just us having problems with pronouncing the words.We were in bulk laughing.

:D one I find funny is when turkish people try and say coke, and they miss the e off the end  :)  think its best they stick to cola  ;)  I cant say much because my Turkish is really not good !

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
How's it going?
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 23:53:39 PM »
Just an idea why not have a thread on CBF that we can ask questions in Turkish or in English that need a Turkish language response; so we can practice with each other. Will this break any rules concerning personal chat lines?
Today my grandson asked me what the (primary) colours are in 'Turkish speak' as he put it. I have no idea.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf