Author Topic: Licence V Insurance  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »

Better brush up on your turkish then Ian, as I believe there is a written test just like the UK.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Licence V Insurance
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 12:55:54 PM »
Ahhhhhhh :D

Offline wickwilly

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 17:39:52 PM »
Ian. If you have a motorcycle licence and car licence you will be issued with a Turkish licence which states you are able to drive both sorts of vehicles.As Baz says, no need to take another test.
WW

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Licence V Insurance
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 23:30:57 PM »
WW - many thanks - so I don't have to take a test?
Where do I get the licence from - who issues it?

Offline TB752

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »
Ian  My husband got his Turkish Driving Licence last year.  In total it cost 377tl, this cost may have changed.  As with all things official in Turkey it is a long process, going from one place to another so set aside a day and if possible take someone who speaks good Turkish with you.  

The Fethiye Times has a good guide on how to do it- http://www.fethiyetimes.com/guides/160-how-to-guides/5378-fethiye-times-diy-turkish-driving-licence-guide.html

According to my other half the medical and eye tests take about two minutes, the longest wait was for the fingerprinting at the Police Station in Fethiye.  

All the documentation, including your UK Licence is handed to the Traffic Police - so make sure you have a copy of your licence.

After all that you wait for 4/8 weeks and your Turkish Driving Licence should be available at the Traffic Police office.  

Hope this helps.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Licence V Insurance
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
we did ours in June, we went back the next day to collect ours.

Offline quackers

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »
Don't forget that on the back of your turkish driving licence is your organ donation. Tamamin means they can anything and then it's heart ,kidneys ect. Just tick the box you want.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Licence V Insurance
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
TB752 - thanks for the info and the link to the guide.
So no test to take if you do it this way.

I still believe that if you could take the test the cost would be considerably less - is their any reason why you could not just take the test and do the practical and theory if you had a reasonable grasp of the language and revised a little so the questions/language used was familiar?

I bet if you could do it that way - the cost would be less than 50 lira and a great sense of achievement - maybe worth a go :D :D

Does anyone know if you can and at what cost?

Offline screamlead

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
I'd like to find out too, as i'm sure its a lot simpler than having to go back to UK to do the CBT thingy these days?
As far as i am aware the Turkish written test is a computer click the box affair. I saw a turkish girl studying hers a while back using brochures she got from somewhere, and they were easy to understand without any turkish knowledge at all - just pictures of road scenarios with three answers and road signs too. But dont know the cost either, but it must be a cheaper option.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Licence V Insurance
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:26:18 PM »
Ian it will probably cost about the same if you take the test, as you will still have to do everything except your license translation to get the Turkish license, i.e. medical, blood test, fingerprints, criminal record check, buy the correct folder to put it all in, etc. and if you fail the test!!!! easier to just translate your license etc.

The license cost is the same for the turks, except they don't have to translate a license, which is not the main cost, the license is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:31:59 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf