Author Topic: 125 cc Scooter  (Read 7220 times)

Offline saoirse

125 cc Scooter
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
Another scooter related query folks

I have a Full UK car licence AND have also completed my CBT allowing me to ride bikes up to 125 cc. Is this sufficient for riding a similar scooter in Turkey?

Offline billy3107

Re: 125 cc Scooter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 14:20:55 PM »
I am sure you need a full motorcycle licence for any scooter/ motorcycle . Some car licences cover a moped up to 50 cc it depends when you passed your car test

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 13:20:22 PM »
Hi all,
Have thought about getting a scooter since we have been here. Never driven one in my life. Do have a full uk drivers license though. What do I need to do to start legally driving one here. We won,t be able to afford a car. What sort of funning costs am i looking at please?

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 13:53:55 PM »
CBT just gives you a provisional up to 125cc ...you have to have passed your full motorbike test (to your chosen cc) to be able to legally drive your equivalent cc motorbike in Turkey on your UK licence, so I guess the answer is no  :(

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 14:24:31 PM »
slikmrs, you can only ride a moped up to 49cc on your car licence.  If you want anything bigger you will have to take a motorbike test.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 18:12:23 PM »
 49cc, isn,t that a disability scooter  : :)  i,m assuming you can get them here? Will it get me n my shopping up these hills? :-[

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 19:07:02 PM »
Get an electric scooter. You don't need a special licence and there's no tax to pay.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »
If you want something more powerful than 49cc and you do not have a full motorbike licence than you only have a few choices. Buy anysize you want and hope you do not get caught or have an accident like so many others here do. Buy a large quad bike or a trike which can be driven on a normal licence. The Yamaha 49cc scooter is quite powerful and would be okay for hills and shopping, but pricey same as the Honda one. The cheaper ones are okay for general popping around  but struggle for power unless you take it somewhere and they will play around with it. Buy from a proper shop not one selling washing machines and heaters as you will find that these people have nothing to do with any warranty issues. Hope you find something to suit your needs. If you look on a web site called Sahibinden.com using Goggle chrome you will see thousands for sale and many choices so you can compare prices .

Offline saoirse

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:46 AM »
Even a 50cc scooter is not covered by a UK car licence. Only a Turkish bike licence is sufficient

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
So if I get an electric scooter, I don,t need anything to drive it? Mot,  license,registration ? ANDit will get me up these here hills?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf