Author Topic: Electric/Dask insurance/ water  (Read 1831 times)

Offline skipking

Electric/Dask insurance/ water
« on: December 12, 2009, 22:26:42 PM »
Hi all could anybody please advise on how to go it alone when paying electric/water/dask and council tax.
For one reason or other we have allowed maintenance company to have power of attorny to pay bills etc. We have now decided we want full control.am slightly scared though at the thought of going it alone as they say my biggest fear is not having enough in an account to cover electric and we get cut off?
Would really appreciate feedback on how easy this is and where and how to go about it?
Is it as easy as opening new bank accounts which we have done and ask bank to pay electric direct debit? Water has to be paid in fethiye?  but havent a clue regarding dask or tax. Also looking for a maintenance company to look after a complex of 12 apartments with pool and gardens mainly grass any reccomendations would be great.
many thanks

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:24:49 AM »
Make contact with Monica at Rainbow Property Care in Calis. www.rainbowpropertycare.com. I am sure she will be able to help you.

Offline janmack

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Make sure all your bills are in your name.

Take your electric bill to your bank and they will set up a DD.

Water can also be paid by DD or go to the office above Carrefour.

Dask can be paid through any insurance company or your bank.

Council tax can be paid any time although May and October (I think) are the official months. Same office as you pay your water bill, you need to show them your tapu when you first go to pay.  You do get fined for late payment but it's minimal.  You can set up a DD.

Park Property Services look after our complex and are well worth the money.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:01:43 AM »
Not all the banks are set up to pay water by DD, there's a list of those banks that are set up behind the counter, where you pay for the water in the office above Carrefour. You can, however, pay a deposit in advance for water in the office & top up as & when.

Dask is done by my bank, it's renewed as necessary & the cost debited to my A/C

For garden maintenance try Britannia, their gardener is a lovely man & very good info@britannianet.com

Offline skipking

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »
Thankyou very much foir the replies not so worried now didnt realise the water and dask could be paid direct debit that would be a big help.
What would happen if the worst came to the worst and our electric did get cut off as ive heard of this happening how easy is it to get set up again?
many thanks

Offline janmack

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
You would have to pay a reconnection fee and it's done instantly.  I'm not sure how much it costs, however if you are not here you wouldn't need to worry as you won't be using electricity anyway.  Liz is right about the water.  Forgot to say that when we tried to set up a DD for paying, Garanti told us no...the water bill was in one name only and we have a joint account.  Still don't understand that one!!:-\
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:57:18 AM by janmack »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 13:12:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by skipking

What would happen if the worst came to the worst and our electric did get cut off as ive heard of this happening how easy is it to get set up again?
many thanks

Our communal electricity was cut off (long story) I just went to the Tedas office, paid the outstanding amount + a smallish reconnection fee & the guy came over that afternoon & reconnected

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »
janmack don't understand the garanti bank as we pay our bills through them and our accounts are in joint names although the bills are in my husband's name. I set them up online where I don't think they asked for the name just the numbers.

Offline janmack

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »
We did think it was very odd, littlereddevil.  It was Ali who told us we couldn't do it.  Maybe we should try again!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
You should try doing it online

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf