Author Topic: Residency I. turkey  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Susiepink

Residency I. turkey
« on: July 21, 2013, 18:34:15 PM »
I am planning to retire to Turkey in October, I have rented an apartment for my first 6 months, and booked my flight. I am selling all my worldly goods and renting out my house.
My daughter has just phoned me and sent me into panic mode as she has been told that I won't be able to do that as I cannot stay longer than 90 days, something to do with my UK pension ?? I cannot get residency and will have to keep returning to the UK ??
I thought I had done my homework, but I haven't come across this, I thought I would turn up at the appropriate department before my first 90 days was up, with my passport, and proof of income and pay for a permit every 2 years. Can anybody put my mind at rest, has anyone else done what I'm intending to do ?
Many Thanks
Sue

Offline Marggie

Re: Residency I. turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 18:46:48 PM »
There are many British people residing in Turkey.  I am assuming you are in receipt of a UK pension, if so here is a link:

https://www.gov.uk/living-in-turkey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11619379

The above link explains how many qualifying years you would have to have worked to get your state pension if you are not now in receipt of same.

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 19:02:26 PM »
Hi, many thanks for that. I already get a pension, I'm 62, its just not enough to live on in the UK, so I'm still working. But with no prospect of ever being in a position to retire I have made the decision to retire and live in Turkey, a country I have visited many times and love it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 19:30:54 PM »
Best wishes. I hope it all turns out well for you.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 19:51:02 PM »
Go for it. I'm sure you will be very happy there.  Apart from electric, gas and meat, things are a lot cheaper.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 23:29:17 PM »
Good luck,I hope all goes well.
   If you need help and advice or just can't find something, you've come to the right place here.
      A very brave move.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
Good Luck and hope you will be very happy.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
Suzy as long as you can show you have enough money to live on during your residency there wont be a problem .Have a letter from the pension dept staing your income, a rental agreement from the person you are renting from plus a turkish bank account showing some savings. Not forgetting your passport with the required amount of years remaining.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
You can do your residency yourself but here is a link listing the requirements for residency.  We did use them and felt it was money well spent.

http://www.caroletayfun.com/residency_permit.aspx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf