Author Topic: Solar water central heating  (Read 1812 times)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
Solar water central heating
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to run central heating from solar panels on the roof? We already have one panel up there for general hot water and I was wondering if there might be a one designed specially for heating the apartment.

Any thoughts/info appreciated.

TC

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Solar water central heating
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »
Sorry, although solar panels will provide all of your domestic hot water through the summer months and supply some of your needs during the winter, it certainly won't provide enough heat to power radiators. Most rooms may take 2 to 3 KW to heat and a couple of solar panels won't provide that, also they will only work during the day and not at night when your more likely to require the heat and in peak summer months you will struggle to dump the heat from evacuated tubes which are much more efficient than the flat panels used here in Turkey.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 17:09:23 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to run central heating from solar panels on the roof?

The short answer's no.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 18:43:37 PM »
As a minimum you would need a log / mutifuel solid fuel boiler, pipes, radiators, water pump and UPS for the pump when u get the winter power cuts.
You can get an all in one package and most of the back boilers/ sobers have a pump.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf