Author Topic: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.  (Read 9208 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 08:03:44 AM »
What a nightmare for you, I am so sorry.  Much as I love Turkey, I am sickened by the authorities attitude to all the people who have similar problems. 

Offline mac2010

Re: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
When builders go bust in the UK you are faced with same problems.I wasted many years trying to get monies owed  from customers how went down the pan then to see them start again weeks later.. >:( >:(

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »
I hope this is not going to be another like the Savoyboy saga.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
Quote:  (Would they really turn down an overlooked one with flights booked and just weeks to go?!
You need to get moving to change your tapu from land to home with living permission. 5 years after initial approval it expires and then things really get expensive).

Yep!!! 16,500TL from personal experience, no doubt a slight possibility od some ripping off in this figure!

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 13:34:11 PM »
I hope this is not going to be another like the Savoyboy saga.

I certainly hope not would be such a shame but i have everything crossed for you ArtyMar I hope you get it all sorted at a reasonable price!

Dave

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 19:03:23 PM »
Thank you, all for your support and especially for tips and personal experience that can help! I'm worried about the 5 year lapse

You need to get moving to change your tapu from land to home with living permission. 5 years after initial approval it expires and then things really get expensive.

as I don't know how to "get moving"! Talking, emailing etc to our builder is useless as they always come up with an excuse. Our lawyer has contacted them to no avail. To sue in court may be long, expensive and ultimately fruitless - we don't know.
Does anyone know a tough lawyer who has had a lot of experience with getting Tapus from builders who don't or can't give them? We've been told that the Tapus (as many as 80 or more) are withheld by the government/officialdom because the company has not paid its bills. We're caught in the middle.

Does anyone know if going to the Beledisi in Ciftlik together with the lawyer, prepared to pay our utility bills even though these are still in the builder's name, and armed with our Land Tapu, might get us our habitation certificate and building Tapu? Deska wants us to pay utility to Deska. Is the Tapu office separate from the
Beledisi? How does all this work?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 19:20:32 PM »

Deska wants us to pay utility to Deska.

Deska had gone bankrupt on page 1

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 19:40:35 PM »
Hi Artymar.  I can't answer many of your questions but I can say that there is a lawyer who is often recommended on here when people have this kind of trouble.  I know I'd use her if I had to.

Şule Beder

http://www.sulebeder.av.tr/

Good luck.

Offline quackers

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 20:39:12 PM »
Yep Sule is your best bet.Dont pay anything to Deska if they have gone bust. Ciftlik Belediye are  for your water and council tax bills .  Aydem for your electric. Tapu office is upstairs in the Fethiye Belediye office next to the PTT . Who is your solicitor at the moment?.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 22:58:03 PM »
Scunner, I was told by another villa owner on our estate that Deska had gone bankrupt- they said that someone had seen furniture being carted out from their offices- then the electricity to villas was cut. I then tried Deska's main telephone number for 2 days but got no answer (normally it is answered immediately). Then I got through to our letting agent who works for them on her mobile and she said business was as usual - all most peculiar - maybe they are in financial difficulties and operating on a shoe string but not actually bankrupt - don't know! All I know for sure is that we still don't have our building Tapu. Our Turkish lawyer is Hayel Ozenc - hope she is well clued up on Tapus!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf