Author Topic: Natural Gas for Fethiye  (Read 3896 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Natural Gas for Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 18:00:40 PM »
I agree with Tonysue, we live here permanently and only use a bottle of gas in about 9-10 months at a cost of 60TL, so natural gas is not a priority for us. Many Turkish people use a soba in the winter for heating and cooking on so I can't see them rushing to pay 355TL either.
Air cons are pretty efficient at heating/cooling and are not that expensive to run. Of course when the leccy goes off it's a case of gather round the candle with a blanket.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Natural Gas for Fethiye
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 19:11:28 PM »
As I read,its 355 Tl to bring it to Fethiye,how much and how long to supply it to each building? Will those who didn't subscribe also be supplied if it ever happened?

George, I worked in the gas industry in the UK and used to attend "Gas Infill" events with BG, mainly in villages that were restricted to electric, oil or LPG.

The model relies on pre securing a critical mass of consumers in the community, this allows the energy company to install the supply down every road in the community knowing that their investment will have a large number of consumers from day 1. Those who sign up for the initial infill get the advantage of being part of the major project with contractors and plant already on site and a team of domestic installers who are connecting literally thousands of properties to the gas main. Those who don't subscribe can be connected in the future but as a 'one off' job, it's inevitably much more expensive.

The thing that strikes me is that almost all of my current energy use is electric, my bills for heating the house and water through the winter are considerably more than I spend on electric during the summer and so I feel that it would be good for Aydem to have some competition. It would also be good for me to be able to heat my home and hot water regardless of the continuity of the electric supply and not to have to add to the wood burning smog cloud that hangs over Fethiye on most mornings during the winter.

Lack of competition isn't a good thing for any of us. Just look at TTNET !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf