Author Topic: Cough Sweets  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Cough Sweets
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »
I once ate a whole quarter of Victory V lozenges, (I loved them) but ended up doubled up in tummy pain! My dad gave me some liquid paraffin to settle it. Serves me right lol!  :-[

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 06:15:14 AM »
Thanks everybody, off to find the Olips today.   :)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
As someone who regularly virtually every winter suffers from a bronchial type cough / bark  that lasts on average 6  to  8 weeks ( I  am coughing right now )   over the years you name it and I have tried it ... medicines and all the sweets you can mention... and although comforting.. NOTHING  works  :-(     coughs go in their own time I  am sorry to say and I  know from experience :-(

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 16:58:16 PM »
I agree with Sleuth, cough mixtures and lozenges only soothe for the length of time they are in your throat. Better off taking paracetamol if it's a cold. The cough will run it's course.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 17:59:28 PM »
Agreed, have done the Paracetamol bit and today feel heaps better but whilst the cough is running its course, it doesn't hurt to have some soothing sweets to suck on.  Know they don't cure but they can give a bit of symptomatic relief     :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 19:41:48 PM »
Am suffering from a rotten cold at the moment, face full of cold sores,  chest pain caused by coughing, not stopping me getting on with stuff.  Go by the old adage, 3 days appearing, 3 days here and 3 days going, I'm on my 7th day, taking  Zovirax for cold sores, paracetamol for headache, and dry white wine to help me sleep!!!

Offline ceni

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 13:12:34 PM »
Victory V used to be my fav, have not bothered with them for years now as they taste nothing like they used to when I was in my late teens, used to keep an emergency packet in a metal tube under the pillion of my bike.   :)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 14:13:28 PM »
I don't want to be doom and gloom but from personal experience if you have had a cough for more than 2-3 weeks please go and get it checked out especially if you are or were a  smoker my uncle had a cough for a couple of weeks went to the doctor gave him some medicine said that should cure it, a few weeks later it still hadn't gone went back tried something else this happened over a 6 month period turned out to be lung cancer he died 3 weeks before he was due to retire (20th of December 2012) he had quit smoking nearly 25 years ago

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf