Author Topic: House insurance  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: House insurance
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 17:15:41 PM »
Intasure were the first (and possibly still the only) insurer of Turkish property to include £2,000,000 Public Liability Insurance - and it might just save your skin if you rent out and someone slips and bangs their head while walking around your pool area.

See all details from the topic when they first appeared: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/expat_property_owners_q_and_a_forum/at_last_insurance_turkish_property_pli_13034.0.html

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 17:19:56 PM »
Yes, when I had my shop I had one million pounds worth of Public Liability Insurance, but I had to take this out as a separate Policy.   So, if Intersure offer this as part of your House Insurance, I think that's excellent if you rent out your Turkish property. :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 17:23:38 PM »
The grey area is (for me anyway) when it would come into play - in that if one of us got injured  while holidaying at a rented a property, I'd probably just claim on the travel insurance. I suppose in the blame & claim society we live in there will always be a chance of someone taking out a civil case against the owner.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
Thanks makes sense with the blame culture around.  Have looked around and decided Intasure is the   coming up the best for our needs.  Thanks everyone for you help.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »
We have a sign by our pool advising people that children should be supervised and surfaces could be slippery etc. as advised by our PM people
In this day and age if you don't tell someone that a surface may be slippery when wet how would they know.
Unfortunately common sense has nothing to do with it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf