Author Topic: Bacon/Pork Shops in Fethiye  (Read 5569 times)

Offline titch

« on: February 10, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
Hello,

Could you please tell me where I can go to get pork and bacon in Fethiye?  I can see from another topic that Jackie mentions they exist but does not give directions.  I live in Ortaca and catch the bus to Fethiye to shop at the big supermarket.  Can you direct me to the pork shop from here?  I do not have a car.

Many thanks
Titch

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Bacon/Pork Shops in Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:59:52 PM »
Titch the best one is Bulents across from the big Tansas, they do fresh bacon vacuum packed so you can split it and freeze it, they also have a good selection of cheeses ham etc. If you shop at the big Kipa (the old one) stand on the main road with your back to Kipa walk back away from Fethiye about 300m past the mosque you will see traffic lights turn left and the pork shop is on the corner at the bottom of that road aprrox 500m.

Offline titch

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 13:28:53 PM »
Thank you.  I come by dolmus from Ortaca and get off at the big bus station in Fethiye and then get a local dolmus down to the big Migros in the centre of Fethiye near to the fish market.  I am confused where this Bulents is!  Should I get off the dolmus from Ortaca before I get to the main Otogar in Fethiye?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 13:31:30 PM »
Or from the otogar, there is Tucgem, which is about 200 metres past the otogar going away from the roundabout. It's on the other side of the road to the otogar & is on a corner diagonally opposite Huner bakery

Offline Jack13

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 13:40:12 PM »
if u can take a dolmus into the dolmus station in fethiye and walk back u can take a dolmus going to calis via sahilden which runs nearly every 5 or 6 minutes. the dolmus stops right outside not far from the big tansas.recommend as most of the stuff is vacuum packed so can be split and frozen. hope this helps.

Offline titch

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 13:46:28 PM »
Many thanks to you all.  I will try them both.  Could I ask Jack where I "walk back to" to get the dolmus to Calis via Sahilden?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 14:47:34 PM »
When you come out of the Otogar, walk as if you are going into Fethiye, after a few hundred metres you will see Migros on your right.  At Migros turn right and just in front of the store you will catch the Calis Dolmus (Sahilden)  ask the driver to let you off at Tansaş and the Pork Shop is just a little bit before Tansaş on the right.

Offline titch

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 14:58:13 PM »
OK. I have a reference point I know.  Thanks you so much!

Offline thebillet

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 15:14:02 PM »
In my experience I would be very cautious with Tugem, out of date stock and dates brillo padded out on others. The shop described in your first reply has been excellent on each of our visits definitely worth a visit.

Offline titch

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 17:09:31 PM »
Again, thanks for this information about out of date stock.  I will try and find my way to the shop recommended near Tansas. I am very grateful to you all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf