Author Topic: I am bloody freezing..  (Read 16141 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: I am bloody freezing..
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 21:21:22 PM »
Unfortunately, most of the houses are not built for winter living - they are not insulated like they are in the UK.

I know you have an electric blanket but if it is not one for all night use, on your next visit to the UK treat yourselves to one.  Argos have a really good selection to choose from and ours has dual controls so we can both choose our optimum setting. They are cheap to run and you will be toastie warm all night.

Haven't got one ourselves but I believe these UFOs (electric fires) are really good and economical. Whilst watching telly at night wear a onesie and snuggle up together under a duvet with a hot water bottle. Or even get a cheap electric blanket to wrap round you.  I'm sure I have seen electric throws. Winters in Turkey are certainly good for togetherness!!

Winters are short so the weather will soon be warming up.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 21:24:27 PM »
I looked into having electric heating fitted.

The cost was going to be around £1900 installation including boiler and radiators.

My best estimates, on average usage, would be about 600tl a month during winter

Offline suehugh

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 21:30:21 PM »
I looked into having electric heating fitted.

The cost was going to be around £1900 installation including boiler and radiators.

My best estimates, on average usage, would be about 600tl a month during winter
Pretty reasonable installation cost, but the running cost, wow!. Was that for a large villa?.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 21:34:39 PM »
Our house is average size def not massive.

It does eat the lecky but frankly if/ when I get round to putting a heating system in I would rather go the extra expense than have the hassle of wood, coal etc and the storage of same making the garden look like a Romanian farmyard.

Leckys bloody dear, but the convenience of just flicking a switch, hard to beat

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 21:38:40 PM »
Our apartment has a combi boiler central heating.  We have found that running costs are not much more than using the air conditioning on heat but the apartment is double brick and cavity insulated so once warm holds the heat and  doesn't take long to heat up so probably not a good comparison.

Here is a link to Ebay for a heated throw, you could maybe have it sent to a friend and get someone to bring it out to you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-Soft-Touch-Throw-Electric-Blue-200cm-X-240cm-Banket-Sofa-Chair-/291057995583?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Cushions_Throws_LE&hash=item43c4688f3f

Offline saoirse

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 21:41:45 PM »
Marggie is that electric?

What would your average winter monthly bill be

Thanks

Offline suehugh

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 21:43:41 PM »
Our house is average size def not massive.

It does eat the lecky but frankly if/ when I get round to putting a heating system in I would rather go the extra expense than have the hassle of wood, coal etc and the storage of same making the garden look like a Romanian farmyard.

Leckys bloody dear, but the convenience of just flicking a switch, hard to beat
We are out in April to our property which actually has two wood burning fires fitted. (We did not own it at Christmas)
I have been taking you tube lessons on how to start a fire (there are dozens of methods )and am looking forward to having a go.
But we have the UFO  fire in reserve. Plus the Brandys at Eddies

Offline saoirse

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 21:45:38 PM »
A friend swears by the lpg tank buried  in the garden set up.

Not sure of costs though

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 21:49:49 PM »
SAAVVOOYYBBOOY..speak up dear..tell me about this electric central heating system you had fitted, the cost n running costs please, and the pro,s n cons..pretty please.

Thanks all..the heated throw sounds good..
we are both suprised that neither of us are up on a charge, we have only stayed married this long,as he,worked nights n I worked days..believe 3 weeks of no internet or tv has exhausted all of our conversation topics for,the next 10 years at least..I can see why the brandy would be useful, if not to sedate one or both of us, at least tge bottle could be used as a lethal weapon  :-\

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 21:56:34 PM »
SAAVVOOYYBBOOY..speak up dear..tell me about this electric central heating system you had fitted, the cost n running costs please, and the pro,s n cons..pretty please.

Thanks all..the heated throw sounds good..
we are both suprised that neither of us are up on a charge, we have only stayed married this long,as he,worked nights n I worked days..believe 3 weeks of no internet or tv has exhausted all of our conversation topics for,the next 10 years at least..I can see why the brandy would be useful, if not to sedate one or both of us, at least tge bottle could be used as a lethal weapon  :-\

Bernie

l have a ufo style heater you can borrow let me know as i am up your way tomorrow thursday

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf