Author Topic: Health and safety assessment  (Read 5859 times)

Offline michelle.derek

Re: Health and safety assessment
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 17:45:12 PM »
sorry bewva try www.iflr.com article 3196402 playing it safe under turkish
work place laws

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 19:11:50 PM »
Thank you

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 20:14:20 PM »

I've heard a rumour that the new H&S rules will outlaw climbing up scaffolding made out of scraps of wood when wearing flip flops. Ridiculous I know, it's becoming a nanny state.

Does that mean they will outlaw climbing from the top floor balcony on to the roof at midnight to fix the Satalight dish risking life and limb for the extortionate price of 30tl

Offline janmack

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 06:27:07 AM »
We are on a large complex (Sunset Beach) so the rules may be different - but many of our staff have had to take a H&S course in the last few months to comply with legislation.

In addition, for this season we now have to have the pools regularly tested and certified by an external lab.

Ian

Yes our company did all this last year and have been carrying out the tests on the pools for the last 2 years.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 18:32:47 PM »
Actually in some areas we used to get beladiya (sorry spelling) checks once per month in the hotel pools way back in the late 80"s. The difference is that we used to teach them what to check for, paramiters etc.

Since then they have had a lot of people in countries around the world learning the real checks and controls, but it's only the expat sites that are hit as he local places still don't understand.

Offline michelle.derek

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 23:35:00 PM »
Well we have the recommendations from our h/s assessment and to implement
All the requirements its looking like over £500 pounds with signs for this and that.
About 16 items from emergency lighting in basement to non slip tape on all stairs.
Any other complexes been told they have to have one.

Offline King Frat

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »
We have just had our assessment done as well.  Similar  requirements plus fire extinguishers in the lobby areas and buoyancy aid by the pool.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:05 AM »
And if an expat, or whoever, slips on a stair that was told to have non slip tape but didn't, does Turkish law allow for suing? And if so who is sued? The complex owner or the maintenance company?

I'm no fan of the 'sue 'em' culture. We've been on the receiving end of too much of it in our own business. So whilst I appreciate the need for some (any) improvements in H&S here in Turkey, I hope it doesn't mean that common sense and personal responsibility are lost in the mire of bureaucracy.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »
The owners are responsible for the complex even if no assessment has been done under turkish law. If a risk assessment has been carried out and not implemented the owners could be held accountable for injuries and accidents that might happen to guests or employee's  even more so as you can not use the ( I did not know) phrase.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 14:38:08 PM »
Are you guys on the front (close to the sea) or have you made it known to the authorities that some / all of your owners are renting? We are 800 yds back and have no "visits" and our maintenance company have not mentioned it to us - yet??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf