Author Topic: Building regs  (Read 3108 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Building regs
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
Once a building is completed, are there any regulation if you want to structurally alter it?
Ie do you have to get planning permission to say build an extension or an add height to your property?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Building regs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »
Yes & you will need the original plans to accompany the application

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »
We tried to get an extension as we have a detached villa and room in the garden, we asked to either build up or to the side.  However, we were told that it depends on how much land you have around your house and we did not have enough.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 13:09:17 PM »
So I'm assuming that, like the UK, signs would be put up and notice given to immediate occupants?
If this is the case what if you are out of the country?
Are there any timescales?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 13:13:16 PM »
I don't know about signs put up etc. but typically a portion of land has for example 10% building permission granted. So if you have 500m2 with 10% building permission you cant go above 50m" building area.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 14:02:31 PM »
Once a building is completed, are there any regulation if you want to structurally alter it?
Ie do you have to get planning permission to say build an extension or an add height to your property?

Keng, in our experience, it all depends upon who you are, what nationality, i.e. Turkish or otherwise, where your property is situated, i.e. fronting a main road/street, or on a side street, whether or not neighbours object, (if Turkish neighbours object, basically you are STUFFED ).

Turks bought the property in front of ours in a communal garden with only 3 properties on there, before they had even moved in, they had the side/front balcony closed in, (ILLEGAL), knocked down what used to be the end wall of the lounge, and then extended the lounge onto the now enclosed balcony. (ILLEGAL), They then had the entire roof removed, and raised by 2 metres, (ILLEGAL), to incorporate 2 full sized bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms.
We were also woken up at silly o'clock one morning by the sounds of workmen, who were busily fencing off the communal garden, (ILLEGAL), and extremely bad feckin' manners, which, by the way, Lorraine and I, along with Tony, our neighbour who had been murdered, had planted with various expensive trees, shrubs etc. I wrote 2 letters to the Belediye, officials from their "Technical Department" attended, took measurements, photos etc. , agreed on the illegality of the entire project, and done......................SWEET FU%&-ALL !! 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 14:12:36 PM by GordonA »

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 15:26:14 PM »
Turkish people beside us ( well known in town and hotel owners ) started to extend an outside terrace but half way through they were ordered to take it down and reinstate it to it's original size.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 17:38:45 PM »
Turkish people beside us ( well known in town and hotel owners ) started to extend an outside terrace but half way through they were ordered to take it down and reinstate it to it's original size.
My point exactly, why were they ordered to demolish , and our ex-neighbours were not ?? No hard and fast rules at all !! Back-handers rule, as we who live/have lived there will know !! Corruption is rife, even at so-called " grass roots ".

Offline GordonA

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 17:45:30 PM »
Perhaps even more annoying to the lovely Turkish couple who have a large house in the garden next to ours, was the fact that they had extended a small balcony at the front of their property, had it all finished, and were hit with a LARGE fine, AND then had to face the  further financial cost of demolition and clearing up !! It  must be really galling for this lovely couple to pass the illegal villa next to them every single day, and know that not a single thing will be done about it !!
In short Keng83, as you must realise by now, there are absolutely NO concrete (pardon the pun), rules re. extensions in Turkey.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 18:39:02 PM »
The short answer is, that it depends on the size of the bung.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf