Author Topic: Building regs  (Read 3107 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Building regs
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 18:46:32 PM »
Could be a good issue to raise with the Mayor at the next meeting.

Offline quackers

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 05:31:02 AM »
On the Sıte near us there are many vıllas that have been altered (balconıes fılled ın ,extra rooms made etc) and no fınes and some that started to alter and were told No illegal and had to put ıt back to orıgınal desıgn.(Turkısh and Yabancı) Seems to be no defınate rules. Answer from councıl when querıed was ' when they try to sell they wıll have to restore buıldıng to orıgınal desıgn' . So why are some stopped mıdway. Another anomaly is a garden sheds. Some have wooden, some are huge brıck versıons but ıf you go and ask buildıng permıssıon you are told a heıght and materıals you can use. So why are others allowed to do what they want. It seems ıf you do your own thıng and no one complaıns ıts OK.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
We filled our upstairs balcony in just last year as we wanted another bedroom and rarely used it anyway. There must be about 15- 20 that have done it on our site.

It's basically two bits of upvc double glazing with patio doors to the front and a ballustrade that we left for safety.

The site manager did the same thing a few years back. Many have done it and I don't know of one being told to remove it. I guess that could change though knowing how the Turkish work.

It cost us about £500 and if we ever need to take it down (before we sell) I think we could do it ourselves in half a day. I guess we could then sell it to the new owners so they could put it back up again  ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 14:39:09 PM »
I believe that in your case Stuart, you will find that because your modification is of UPVC, it is not classed as a permanent structure, in the way that bricks and mortar are. It is also an offence against Turkish " Building Regulations " , (Yes, we are deep in oxymoron territory folks ), to "extend the "living area " as declared on Tapu " ??!!
Again, as I said before, it is a VERY grey area, AND one which could, no doubt prove to be, ; çok pahalı !!  >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf