Author Topic: How many of you are new home owners in the last 12 months  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: How many of you are new home owners in the last 12 months
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 16:32:38 PM »
We bought in 2005 and sold (in 10 days) in 2012 for a small profit (15% after deducting expenses) and believe we bought again at the right price in 2012 - but we are blissfully happy where we are and have not bought to make a profit when we eventually decide to sell - but I'd like to bet we will    :)

Clearly LOCATION is important and with all the improvements in Fethiye and Calis - the location is looking good   ;)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 16:52:36 PM »
Well done!  As a matter of interest, how long had you had the property for?

Just under 5 years. Mind you we weren't looking to sell, someone just knocked on our door and offered to buy!

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 18:18:16 PM »
We bought 10 years ago, not for investment purposes, we have loved our home from home, and do allow friends to rent off us periodically, maybe 1 per year if that. We intend to semi retire there in the future, but I don't think we could sell it for a profit today, but it's irrelevant because we don't intend selling.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 19:17:33 PM »
Mind you we weren't looking to sell, someone just knocked on our door and offered to buy!

Lucky you!  Bet there's more then a few in the Fethiye/Calis/Olu/Hissy/Dalaman areas who wish someone would do that to them...

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 19:42:59 PM »
LRD please don't be offended but I think you sold at the right time and the location was good -  Marine Homes opposite Boğazici Restaurant.  Don't know that it would be so desirable now that the new Esnaf if right behind it with traffic day and night.  If we owned there I think we would be pretty sick, the hospital is very close to the complex.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 20:32:44 PM »
I sold a property 4 years ago at a profit and then got a good deal on a Manzara property and yes I did get a Tapu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf