Author Topic: Information Updates from the Council.  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Information Updates from the Council.
« on: April 25, 2014, 14:35:02 PM »
Following on from the meeting some of us attended with the Mayor earlier this year prior to the elections. Now re-elected for a record fourth term, he is keen to carry through the commitments made at that meeting and has appointed one of his project managers to help towards this. It is worth bearing in mind however that since the election, certain things that were once under the control of the mayor have changed and are no longer in his control, one example is listed below:

Today I met up with with Recai from the Belidesiye who from now on will email me directly with any important news items and also anything of significance broadcast over the tannoy systems. I will then check the grammar etc and post on here and also on the Fethiye ex-pats page on Facebook.

One important item he told me today was that following the elections, a decision has been made to relieve each Belidesiye of responsibility for the water supply, this has now been centralised to Mugla who will with immediate effect resume all responsibility for meter reading and bill collections. This means that Fethiye are no longer able to accept payment for water and as such any standing orders with the bank are also void. The problem being that Mugla have not yet established a base in Fethiye and this is unlikely to happen before May 20th 2014.

Obviously people visiting holiday homes are trying to pay bills only to be told they can't and are worried about the prospect of disconnection. Unfortunately that's all of the information he had, he sounded pretty confident that water would not be disconnected for non payment but asked that people returning to the UK may consider leaving some money with friends or neighbours to pay the bill once Mugla gets it's act together.

That's it for now, future updates will appear here as I get them.

Offline quackers

Re: Information Updates from the Council.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 14:41:40 PM »
Thanks Rımms very useful ınfo.

Offline Libra

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 15:25:56 PM »
I also was at the Fethiye council recently to ask about council tax payment ( in fact it is property tax - emlak vergisi - in Turkish ). The first payment is to be paid till end of May , however it is also not possible to pay it today. They said they will work to make necessary regulations before the end of May.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 16:02:04 PM »
I've been trying to pay mine online for 2 years now. Still unable to do it.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 16:21:31 PM »
I paid my council tax  this afternoon without a problem.

Offline Libra

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 16:25:12 PM »
Maybe because we live in Ovacık and paid to Ölüdeniz Belediye before , they need time for managing accounts.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 19:02:55 PM »
Calis Roads Update :

Following the concerns expressed regarding the unfinished roads in Calis, my phone rang tonight at 8pm and it was Recai from the Belediye to tell me that they are well aware of the problem. The first thing to point out is that the funding for this project is coming from central government who have also appointed the contractors, several meetings have been held with the contractors this week to highlight the concerns and a plan has been put in place to complete the project and prioritise the areas most in need of completion. He went on to say that the Beliyedese will monitor the progress carefully and if the progress starts to fall behind plan, they will respond by adding additional labour to keep things on track.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 23:09:38 PM by Rimms »

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 19:17:04 PM »
Thanks for that information Rimms, are they saying that if you have your water on DD that it will not be paid?

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 19:34:10 PM »
Yes Lee, that's exactly the case. Your DD is currently in favour of Fethiye who aren't allowed to collect payment anymore.   

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 19:43:36 PM »
thanks George.
Looks like there are going to be an awful lot of us spending a day at the bank to sort out DD for new water payments :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf