Author Topic: Which Photographer for passport photos?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Which Photographer for passport photos?
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
We need to renew our passports, so which is the best photographer to use in Fethiye to ensure that the photo's are the right size and background colour please.

Also any advice from folks who've done it recently, if you haven't changed that much (only hair colour in my case) do you need to get your photo's countersigned?

Our friends will be taking our applications back to the UK and posting them there for us, but do you get the new one sent back to your home address in Fethiye if you pay for the courier service?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Which Photographer for passport photos?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
I am sure most of the photography shops will do a good passport photo. I used the one opposite Seckin's in the street across from the PTT in town. Tell them it is for a passport and they know what size to do them; the image is of your face is enlarged (fills the frame) in the photo so a bit different to a normal passport style photo.

Check the measurements of the photos with those on the notes and trim if necessary.

However insist that the background is grey. Although the accompanying passports notes say cream or grey, cream can be perceived as white so if you get a jobsworth you will just have your applications returned.

Also make sure that your hair is completely away from your eyes which must be fully exposed, not hidden by a fringe.

A friend of a friend had her passport returned three times because the photos weren't right.

No need for a countersignature if you look broadly the same.

I have read recently about someone who had a bit of a nightmare receiving theirs in Turkey. The Passport Office use DHL who don't have an office in Fethiye so they will be picked up by Aras cargo in Istanbul for the onward journey to Fethiye. The story I read entailed the passports not being delivered and returned to DHL in Istanbul. It was by all accounts a very frustrating and infuriating experience.

That's not to say that will happen to you though as other people have reported not to have had a problem.

Do you have a home address in the UK that they could be returned to and then some one could bring them out to you?

I chose to go back to the UK to do mine and I am very glad that I did.

Good luck    :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »
Thanks for the info Nicola. We don't have a UK address, we have lived in Fethiye for 7 years.

Our friends have offered to have them delivered back to their address, but looking at the "help notes" I think you would have to state a very good reason to have them delivered to a different address.

Just have to hope Aras are on the ball come the day.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 20:57:07 PM »
We used the photographers almost opposite the PTT. Told them it was for UK passports and they did it correctly.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 19:29:52 PM »
Thanks KKOB, Is it the one opposite the Tapu offices? Or is it in the street opposite the PTT, the one Nicola used?

Did you get your new passports back to your home address here OK?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 20:12:05 PM »
All the photographers in Fethiye seem to know the standards for UK passports.

Yep, we got ours back without a problem. Although, because we lived in Kaya, and they don't deliver there, we collected them from the Aras Kargo offices in town.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf