Author Topic: Paying Utility Bills  (Read 3658 times)

Offline julesbob0303

Paying Utility Bills
« on: May 28, 2014, 23:53:48 PM »
Please can someone update me, or point me in the right direction, on how we should be paying our water and council tax bill.  I remember reading a little while back that we can no longer pay either in the office in Fethiye.  Thanks for any help.   :)

Offline farry

Re: Paying Utility Bills
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 00:09:10 AM »
Hi Jules, not sure about the water, but you can pay the council tax using the instructions on this topic, I did today and it was really easy.  It beats wasting a couple of hours queuing at the council offices in Fethiye!

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53066.0;topicseen

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
There is a political problem at the moment with responsibility for water being transferred from Fethiye to Mugla and even though some people are reporting certain places have accepted money from them, you can't officially pay for water at present.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »
Hi Farry, thanks for your help.  I can't pay online at the moment as all of my old bills are at the apartment in Calis!  I will have to have a look at it when we are over next week.  If that's the only way to pay, that's fine!  Will the new amount for this year show up when I log on with my number from an old bill?  My other problem may be that I don't have a card for our Turkish account, so not sure if I can't pay with my UK debit card.  Sounds like the fine isn't huge anyway for not paying!

George, looks like the water bill will have to wait!  Hope they don't cut us off, but sounds like everyone is in the same position at the moment!  Maybe that's their plan - cut us all off, then recharge to connect!    :)  Are they actually leaving bills for people to pay? 

Thanks both for your help.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
I haven't seen a water bill since February, ordinarily, I would have got one April, so don't know if Fethiye has lost the meter readers too.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »
My last water bill was for payment by 30th April, it's on DD and the money was taken from the bank. Not sure whether I need to cancel the DD now or what.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 13:15:11 PM »
It beats wasting a couple of hours queuing at the council offices in Fethiye!

I pay at the Belediye every time and have never waited more than 5 minutes.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 13:26:49 PM »
The bill you paid Lee may have been in arrears to Fethiye, mines also on bank Direct Debit and Fethiye are no longer legally able to take money for water. So far nothing has been taken from my account.

Offline IanK

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 13:35:54 PM »
Julesbob,

Will the new amount for this year show up when I log on with my number from an old bill?  My other problem may be that I don't have a card for our Turkish account, so not sure if I can't pay with my UK debit card.

To log in  to pay council tax, all you need your Sicil number - this will be on all your old bills. When you are in, it tells you everything you owe, including any fines for late payment and you can pay with a UK card - I did.

Don't forget if the property is in more than one name, you have to log in and pay separately for each.

Regards

Ian

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 14:15:51 PM »
Paid our tax at the Oludeniz Belediye office last week the first time I had been in this "new" building and I must say that even for a council office the standard of build quality is consistent with quite a lot of local building.

Ceilings down, water patches over the ceilings and some of the most cheery, polite helpful people you could meet...........ooops maybe I was dreaming the last bit!!! Man sitting in office alone looking as bored as bored can be, no wait, no queue little interaction but it was quick.

Paid my electric bill online via Finansbank and it finds the amount due from your Abone number' which surprised me so for a change an easy and stress free transaction   ;)   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf