Author Topic: House buying solicitors  (Read 3388 times)

Offline jsp51

House buying solicitors
« on: June 16, 2014, 15:21:20 PM »
Has anyone had dealings with "Everything Legal" solicitors in Fethiye for house buying and if so were they reliable. Any information would be good as a friend of mine is planning to use them.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: House buying solicitors
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 15:40:59 PM »
Personally think that you could do far better, far cheaper. If you do a search on Ozlen you should find loads of recommendations

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 15:43:25 PM »
Try another not Every Thing Legal, preferably on that speaks your language. Use the search on here to find out more, save your friends much less heartache in the end.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 15:55:12 PM »
Generally speaking you don't need a solicitor to buy/sell in Turkey, in fact very few solicitors have any great knowledge of conveyancing simply because its normally done by an emlak.  Over the years I've heard as many horror stories from folks who wanted to do it the "British" way and used a solicitor as those who didn't use a solicitor.

We recently sold our house in Istanbul and on this occasion we did use a solicitor (for several valid reasons) and the sale went through a treat.  Its the first time we've used a solicitor for conveyancing and, easy as it was, if we buy again unless there is a reason we'd do it without a solicitor.

We used Sule who is at: bederlaw@gmail.com & 0538 345 1605

Quite a few folks on here have used her and so far, no complaints I'm aware of.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 16:20:58 PM »
We did not use a Solicitor when we bought our house, we were told at the time by the Estate Agent, we did not need a Solicitor.  The sale went through without a hitch.   However, if we bought again, we would possibly use one.

Offline Rayza

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 18:42:58 PM »
Likewise, we didn't use a Solicitor when we bought our apartment. However, did do plenty of research, reading, and taking advice from CBF members. Purchase went through without too much trouble. Guess we were lucky. Would we use a Solicitor next time? Yes.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »
Thanks for replys. Liz101, my friend is trying to contact Ozlen but the number he has doesn't work. Have you an up to date number and email address please.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
Guess we were lucky. Would we use a Solicitor next time? Yes.

No, you weren't lucky.  Believe it or not, the vast majority of sales to foreigners in Turkey go through without any issue.  When you consider the number of properties built and sold over the past 10/15yrs, the actual incidences of scams and bankrupt developers only make up a fairly small percentage. 

Locally, in the Fethiye area, there have been a lot less of the problems seen in places like Altinkum and Akbuk where folks have lost their money or their property, or sometimes both.  Many of these folks used (at the time) highly respected local solicitors, and thought they were protected - in reality, they were no more protected than if they'd used an emlak.

At the end of the day, do what you feel comfortable doing.  There are a few decent solicitors in this area, a quick forum search will turn up theirs names and let you see some feedback from others that have used them. 

JF

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
Thanks for replys. Liz101, my friend is trying to contact Ozlen but the number he has doesn't work. Have you an up to date number and email address please.

I used Ozlen :(, not everybody would recommend her............

Why not try Sule, JohnF used her & recommends:  We used Sule who is at: bederlaw@gmail.com & 0538 345 1605

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »
Latest info I have is E-mail: info@ozlenozergin.av.tr Telephone: 0252. 614 33 90 Fax:  0252. 614 33 80  http://www.ozlenozergin.av.tr   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf