Author Topic: Turkish telephone  (Read 3473 times)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Turkish telephone
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Hello,

Just after some advice about a Turkish telephone number. In the process of buying a property and will be visiting every 6/8 weeks for a couple of weeks at a time, maybe 6-8 weeks stays at some points. What is people’s advice with a Turkish telephone number? Is it best to buy a cheap Turkish phone and sim or take an old English phone with a Turkish sim. If taking an English phone, must it be registered? What happens when I return to England etc?

I’m sure this whole thing could be straight forward but just looking for advice regarding this.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Turkish telephone
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 08:17:26 AM »
Buy a secondhand Turkish phone and a SIM. If you take a phone from the UK you'll have to register it to use a Turkish SIM.

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »
This is what I’ve been thinking. Do I need to do anything to have it turned on at home in the uk? Does it close down if not topped up/turned in so much time?

To be honest I’m not sure if we need one. Im not sure if you need a Turkish number to register for utilities etc?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:25:38 AM »
 You'll have to check with the service provider but most will stay active for at least 3 months if not topped up.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »
Bought 1 yesterday just a basic Nokia mainly to have a number here, its 6 months now re having to top up or gets cut off...also big fines or taxes to pay here next year on uk phones 500tl per phone

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 11:38:33 AM »
The 500TL charge for registering a foreign phone started earlier this month (was 170TL)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 14:35:41 PM »
Gosh didnt realise it had already started!

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 16:17:47 PM »
Bought 1 yesterday just a basic Nokia mainly to have a number here, its 6 months now re having to top up or gets cut off...also big fines or taxes to pay here next year on uk phones 500tl per phone

How much did the phone/sim cost? And just top up every six months? What happens when you go home

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 17:01:58 PM »
What happens when you go home

Consider leaving it with a friend and ask them to top it up for you.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 18:42:20 PM »
Phone 170tl with sim card and credit it was 275tl im in Turkey half year now so its not a problem for me topping it up twice a year, it will be more if i actually end up using the credit...its with vodaphone...yes 6 months to top up to keep the sim life used to be 3 months thats partly why we never bothered in past, dont fancy the fine for using my uk phone here and trust me they do like to give out fines for poxy everything here!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf