Author Topic: teenagers out and about  (Read 6362 times)

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:26:40 AM »
Hi
Visiting Hisaronu in August and already my 16 year old and friend very giddy about getting out and about and spreading their wings.
I am not sure on laws re drinking. They are underage, just short of 17 and are not silly drinkers!  (well I hope not!!!)
However they will want to be going out now and again on their own, chatting up girls no doubt - I don't want to be a party pooper and have told them they can have a couple of drinks with us and then when they head off for an hour or two on their own, I want them to drink soft drinks. They are mad enough to have a good time without the need for alcohol - but I am worrying that I am being a bit protective etc. What do other parents do with their teenage offspring.
Any advice gladly accepted.

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 08:47:56 AM »
Heading out shopping now, so will check for any replies when I get back. Don't think I am ignorant not replying straight away.:D

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:11:22 AM »
Dont feel bad about this. Young adults need to be given the opportunity to spe#read their wings a little and Hisaronu is a relatively safe environment for this. Especially if they have just sat their GCSE's. They need time of their own and will enjoy their stay the better for it. I have a 17 year old son who is already bored coming on holiday to the same place every time with his old fogey parents.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
teenagers out and about
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 09:19:37 AM »
Hopefully all will be well. Turkey doesn't have the same peer pressures to drink alcohol but that is not to say there is no temptation. It boils done to personal responsibility, trust and opportunity. Most lads of that age do have a tipple or two so you may not be able to prevent that. The fact you are a concerned parent bodes well and I suspect you all will have a great holiday. I hope so. Probably best not to give them too much spending money and operate on a daily allowance as one means of limiting the purchasing power. Easier said than done with teenagers I know.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 18:25:07 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline sooty

teenagers out and about
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
They will easily get served in bars, nobody questions how old they are, but tell them to be wary of the Turkish guys, they are very charming and polite and but are basically only after one thing and unfortunately English girls fall for it year in and year out, we live out here and I have a daughter of 16 and if we go out for a drink, she goes off with her friends but we always meet up with her later just to make sure she is safe, saying that it is very safe here but as I say Turkish men have a very persuasive way!!! Have a good holiday.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
teenagers out and about
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 13:59:17 PM »
Shouldn't think think many Turkish guys will be after one thing here........it is a couple of lads we are talking about!:D

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 20:51:34 PM »
Hi,
Shopped til I dropped...skint now!
Thanks all for replies.Yep, two lads of 16, quite relieved I don't have girls to worry about...I know exactly what the lovely Turkish lads are like! Much like lads all over, actually:P
We will deffo limit their spending money per day. That's a good idea.
I am just a bit wary of these 'shot' bars. I know how much to drink usually, but a lad of 16 let loose won't. Ah well, one hangover should be enough for them in that August heat. They will maybe have to learn the hard way. I have told them if they get badly once, it will be their last time of wandering off on their own, so they are warned. Just worried that I am being unfair on them.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
teenagers out and about
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 21:16:03 PM »
I wouldn't worry about being too hard on them.
They are young in a strange country so if they keep any drinking in moderation then they should enjoy theirselves without any problems.
Hope you all have a great time

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
teenagers out and about
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
Also make sure they drink plenty of water, especially before they go out, cos they won't have much room inside them for the beer, lol.Alan

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »
Aaah number 2...that is a good one. Will even try that one myself!
Thanks for your workds also Heather, I just don't want to sound like a nagging mum. Holidays are for being totally chilled in my opinion and I want them to enjoy it as much as they can.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf