Author Topic: ova resort and things to do  (Read 2978 times)

Offline ch6unky

ova resort and things to do
« on: March 12, 2008, 00:43:49 AM »
Hi there everyone, new to this,
Was just wondering if anybody has any information about the ova resort, staying there the first 2 weeks in september, first visit to turkey for both me and my partner, really looking forward to it even though it is months away, also any other tips on the area, things to do, weather etc, would be great.:D
cheers

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »
the biggest tip I could give is to trawl through the site and you will find heaps of information.
Holiday watchdog is also good for reviews of hotels and resorts.

Hope this helps:D

Offline davidzz

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 14:23:42 PM »
Hi ch6unky, it might be worth posting in the members introduction to let everyone know who you are and where your staying. The Ova Resort, which we can see from our balcony, is in Ovacik and about a 10 minute walk into Hisaronu resort. It is in a nice location with the backdrop of babadag mountain. I think the hotel does get mixed reviews, very much depends on individuals and their expectations. I know the area quite well and have some info I could send you if you would like. If you use this this forum you will get some great tips especially as its your first visit to turkey. Main thing is to enjoy your holiday.

David
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 14:30:05 PM by davidzz »

Offline ch6unky

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 14:24:16 PM »
Hey heather thanks for that, i checked out holiday watchdog and the reviews were great on there also checked out trip adviser, bit mixed on there.

Offline ch6unky

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 14:32:55 PM »
Hey david, I noticed on trip advisor that it has mixed reviews mainly the food people were complaining about, being 2 repetitive, and also the rooms, for me i'm not planning to go on holiday to sit in the room, as far as im concerned as long as the rooms clean theres no problem, as for the food il eat just about anything so........
Would be fantastic if you cud send us some info, i will also post on the new members

Thanks david

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 17:55:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ch6unky

Hey david, I noticed on trip advisor that it has mixed reviews mainly the food people were complaining about, being 2 repetitive, and also the rooms, for me i'm not planning to go on holiday to sit in the room, as far as im concerned as long as the rooms clean theres no problem, as for the food il eat just about anything so........
Would be fantastic if you cud send us some info, i will also post on the new members

Thanks david

One good thing about Turkey is the meals are not too expensive so if you need a change it is affordable to eat in the village. Go through the site you will end up as exciteable as the rest of us.Them

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 18:44:32 PM »
there is loads to do and plenty of other places to visit whather is a bit cooler then august so enjoy your 1st trip to turkey

Offline DrapeS

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 22:13:21 PM »
Hi Ch6unky
We stayed there for a week in May 2005 and had one of our most memorable holidays, mostly down to the fantastic welcome we received by the staff there at that time. I will say that they have mostly left now, and I'm not even sure if the hotel is still owned by the same people. The rooms were basic but always clean, the food (fully inclusive) was fine, we never had to eat elsewhere, and the entertainent was brilliant. A good introduction for your first visit to this wonderful country and its people. Enjoy
Sue

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 20:19:19 PM »
sent you an email Ch6unky...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf