Author Topic: La Mamas  (Read 2208 times)

Offline booo

La Mamas
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
Been to this restaurant a few times now and every time has been lovely.
Fantastic food and great service. Nicest Italian food I have had in Turkey.
It is opposite Hustlers and next to Fez Bar

Offline Linda

La Mamas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 17:00:15 PM »
Based on all the mostly positive feedback on this and another forum (I think this topic is duplicated as it was under Mia Mamma's) I was determined to give this place a try before the season ends, so 4 of us decided to eat here last night.

First impressions were positive, the staff were very smart in their whites but I do agree with others that the restaurant looks a bit clinical and the staff look like they're from an 'officer and a gentleman'.

We were seated promptly, given menus and asked for our drinks order. The wine was presented in lovely big glasses and was not the usual Dikmen or Kavak. However, I did get the impression that they were maybe using up their wine stocks and I'm sure I saw a waiter mixing the end of one bottle and a new different bottle and presenting the wine in the same glass  

We didn't order starters and were disappointed not to receive the garlic bread everyone has spoken or indeed bread of any kind  Four of us had pasta, which was decididly average. The Lasagne and Ravioli were slightly overcooked. The the Ravioli and Spaghetti di Mare were presented on a plate with salad and not the usual bowl with any accompanments served separately. Pasta and salad on the same plate doesnt really mix well in my mind.

We did recieve a 20% discount, however, to me there are far better Italian restaurants in the village and I wouldn't bother returning.

Offline karenr

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
Im sure Ive replied to Linda on another forum!!!!:D We really enjoyed the food..went back twice. The garlic bread is a starter so you dont automatically get it for free at he start. Out pasta was fab!!! I had a chicken pasta dish and my friend had a salmon pasta dish. Good portions.....great staff and excellent value with the 20 percent off!!!. I will definately go again next year......as a plus...the most cleanest toilets ever!!!!!! Thats a bonus xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf