Author Topic: Winds of change for Hisaronu  (Read 21634 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Winds of change for Hisaronu
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 16:10:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I wonder what Hisaronu lovers would do if they landed the job of marketing the place. Serious point and question - People should holiday in Hisaronu because...

I saw the pictures of Olu Denis beach on a brochure went to the travel agents and told them that was where I wanted to go.  I was worried about the heat and they advised that I went to Hisaronu as it was cooler up the mountain.
I loved every minute of that first visit to Turkey in 2001, so much we went back in September and have returned to Turkey every year since. May and September this year.  
I like that we get a great welcome in the hotel, I feel at home, good food, entertainment that I can take part in or leave, handy for Olu Denis beach or Fethiye.  I can wander about at night if I want and there is plenty to see.   Sitting at dinner or on the balcony there are majestic mountains to look at.
Been to Calis, used villas and other hotels but are happy with our first choice.  In Calis I missed the buzz and  being able to wander round the shops.  
I will never convince you that Hisaronu is better than Calis, but I will advise people that if they want nightlife then go to Hissy and if you want quiet go to Calis...would you give same advice??
PS.... I will NOT tell them to go to the same hotel as me because it is too popular and getting more so since refurb.: :) ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 16:55:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

To KKOB - fancy meeting for a drink in Kaya tonight ;)

Yes mate, love to.

I might be a bit on the late side though 'cos we're in Wrexham. :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 17:04:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

KKOB you refer to Hisaronu as Hiroshima

No I don't. I said that many locals refer to it as that. We just call it Hissy.

We rarely go up there during the season as we're not keen on the type of people that it caters for, nor all the "Yes please, yes please" bullsh1t, rip-off attitude and noise. Apart from that, it's fine.  ;)

I'd have been more surprised if you'd said that the restaurants in Kaya hadn't suffered from lack of custom. Apart from the Tuesday afternoon hordes bused in after the morning visit to Fethiye Market and the convoys of quad-bikes creating noise and clouds of dust there isn't much to attract the 'Dobbers' away from their All-day Breakfasts, Fish 'n Chips and Efes. :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 17:16:36 PM by KKOB »

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 17:23:28 PM »
KKOB  `the types of people it caters for` are you meaning the big bellied, tattooed, beer swilling, wearing their football shirts types ? ( and thats just the women ) lol  or the gangs of girls walking up bar street in their skirts up to their arses, and their 6 inch high heels hoping all the turks will ogle them... and they do of course  !!   but actually the majority of visitors are decent middle aged  well behaved folk who are not here for cheap booze, sun, and english breafasts !!!  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 17:28:04 PM »
That's the problem mate, the decent middle-aged well behaved folk are in the minority.  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 17:32:09 PM »
Was on a bus from Olu Deniz in June and listened to this chap telling his daughter that she could go for a sleep before they went to the line dancing and the bingo.:(
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 17:32:44 PM by Highlander »

Offline BM06

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 17:46:53 PM »
Obviously on there way back to Calis with you then H :-\

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 17:53:40 PM »
No BM06 - I'm more a dominoes' man :)

Offline Karabag

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 20:28:23 PM »
I think it's good to have a place like H, it keeps all the chavs and likewise people in one place, saves them going into Fethiye and Calis, just my opinion!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 21:13:13 PM »
 ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf