Author Topic: is the hotel/aqua park being built  (Read 3262 times)

Offline crookes875

is the hotel/aqua park being built
« on: October 14, 2009, 18:50:18 PM »
just read this on internet has anyone any info not far from my place not sure if its good or bad I suspect bad for me and the dolphins

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/calis-beach-forum/26324-swim-dolphins-koca-calis.html

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 19:03:41 PM »
Typical rumours and gossip, this story has been doing the rounds for years.

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 13:54:23 PM »
I have a place up the road and during the summer visit this was a much discussed subject with locals, expats and visitors alike.  Several salient points arose, firstly the whole area used to be a swamp - some parts still are, a dolphinarium type structure is big, very big, and you would need an awful lot of concrete to be poured just to make sure it wouldn't sink.  If it did start to sink then it would crack and from my knowledge of hydraulics this would let the water out!  Equally it would also need two rather large pipes to the sea, one for clean seawater in and one for foul seawater out.  Try as we might no one could identify a suitable route for these pipes from the sea to the proposed site - although with enough money you can achieve most things.

This is another idea doing the rounds that generates topics for the forum.  Now I have heard that there are plans for a F1 circuit in Uzumlu . . . . . . . .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 14:05:39 PM »
Quite right, add to the weight of the concrete the weight of the water at 1000kg/m3 and I think in a few years we can all go and visit the Great Crater of Koca Calis.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 16:14:55 PM »
When will the crater be ready Keith and will we get a CBF discount.??

:)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 16:41:11 PM »
Only thing is that where they are supposed to be building the dolphinarium is much higher and much better land than down the bottom of Koca. My understanding is it's to be built on the side of the new road into Calis and there seems to be a much stronger rock base up there.

It might just work but I hope it doesn't go ahead for a number of reasons - most which have already been discussed in another thread.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 14:30:52 PM »
After speaking with with Mohamad at barreys resturant in koca calis who is a land surveyor down in ciflick he informs me that planing for a 5 star hotel opposite his resurant has been rubber stamped to be built within the five year approval time.Its on the land on the road down from saglik site on the right.Barreys is called dephne i think but i know him as barrey.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 22:34:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by micky mouse

After speaking with with Mohamad at barreys resturant in koca calis who is a land surveyor down in ciflick he informs me that planing for a 5 star hotel opposite his resurant has been rubber stamped to be built within the five year approval time.Its on the land on the road down from saglik site on the right.Barreys is called dephne i think but i know him as barrey.

I hope they put it on stilts then ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf