Author Topic: ears syringed  (Read 2035 times)

Offline busybee

ears syringed
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:38:43 AM »
Any advice would be very grateful. My son in law has had water lodged in his ear for the last week due to swimming.  Its not painful but uncomfortable and his hearing is affected. So thinking that his ears might need syringing.  Any advice for the best place to go and and would the clinic in Calis do it?? Also would they do it on a Sunday?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
ears syringed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »
Before you try that, get him to stand in a warm shower and direct the water to the ear that's affected. The spray doesn't all need to be going directly into the ear, but he'll find a comfortable position where some of it is entering the ear canal. If there's a plug of wax in there the warm water will soften it and it'll probably come out of it's own accord. It's basically syringing on a larger but more controlled scale.

Whatever happens DON'T use cotton buds. They're likely to compact the wax and make the situation worse.

Offline davybill

ears syringed
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:24 AM »
the clinic in calis will do it, had mine done,last year, not cheap,unless u have insurance,[200lira]
i should think they are open on sundays,

Offline philrose

ears syringed
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »
Please avoid the Clinic in Calis they charge a lot of money and it's sometimes for some very unnecessary treatment.:-\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:58:18 AM by philrose »

Offline quackers

ears syringed
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »
Go to Esnaf they will sort it for you. They got the ENT doc out on a sunday for my neighbour. He had both ears with hearing problems and had a balance problem. 1 Hour later all OK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf