Author Topic: SGK  (Read 13967 times)

Offline Colin White

SGK
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 16:59:32 PM »
Hadn't read it before. If it is true, why is there all the panic?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
SGK
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 17:05:02 PM »
Where is there panic Colin? :D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
SGK
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 17:26:19 PM »
Cinders - many thanks - it really is the detail that is lacking - lots of generalizations made but not enough detailed information.

I thought we were registering with a view to be on the system and then to start paying (which we are happy to do so) after one year of residency. (Jan 2013).

I have already paid (quite large sums) to have comprehensive cover for a 4 month - 3 month and 3 month spells in Turkey this year.

But now I am not sure if I am expected to pay directly because I registered to avoid the fine - not to start.

Ah well - I am sure all will be revealed..................

Offline jonuzumlu

SGK
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:59 AM »
I visited Ziraat Bank again this morning. I am now on their system and duly paid for January and February.
I was informed that not all foreigners are yet on the system but they are catching up quickly  :)

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jonuzumlu

I visited Ziraat Bank again this morning. I am now on their system and duly paid for January and February.
I was informed that not all foreigners are yet on the system but they are catching up quickly  :)

Thanks for that info - hopefully we will be on when we try again on Monday. BTW we're still waiting for the registration confirmation letter we were supposed to receive in Feb. Not even had the first one telling us we HAD to join yet !!!

Offline jonuzumlu

SGK
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
I have yet to receive any written communication.  I do however have a receipt for my payment :D ;)

Offline starman™

SGK
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
We have had no letters but dont really expect one as we already pay SSK at their top ceiling rate and also have private insurance so we wont be doing anything.

Offline phil1839

SGK
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 15:43:49 PM »
Starman..what is SGK top ceiling rate? Is it more than the 212 lira per couple everyone believes they will be paying and if it is more what extra do you get? Also does anyone know the difference between SGK and Bag Kur which varies each month and is nearer 300 lira than 200 lira per month?

Offline grizabella

SGK
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 16:58:58 PM »
Is there anywhere you can find out what this insurance covers,i.e. pre existing conditions etc?I have had back surgery in Antalya to stabilise my spine.All ok now thankgoodness but if I injured my back would I be covered for any treatment required?Also I find the payment required for couples or just one person is very unfair.Surely a single persons payment should be at least a 3rd less!!!!!

Offline joemerc

SGK
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »
i am confused as i am 75 years old i have pacemaker with heart prob also diabetic with prostat prob  i cannot see how it will benefit me as they are existing probs so do not want to apply is it compulsory can anyone help

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf