Author Topic: Dental Implants Carried Out in Turkey  (Read 11406 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Dental Implants Carried Out in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:01 AM »
Originally it wasn't part of the plan to do that, in my case the implants are at the very back of my upper jaw and the plan was to do a stand alone group of three implants and then these would be aligned with the new bridge. Yesterday when they exposed the bone, they found a section of bone that was a bit 'spongy' and most best suited to an implant. So plan B is to either bridge the 2 implants and form three back teeth or to incorporate the implants into what will become a 14 tooth bridge.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »
That's quite a bit more work than you expected! In for a penny in for a pound! I originally wanted just a replacement of my old top bridge but as I've had work on many other teeth he suggested that we could improve the whole mouth with bridges top and bottom. I must stress here that there was no pressure from him at all. There was no charge for the consultation and he told me to go away and think about it. I had a great UK dentist for years who moved away. Since then they've not been so good.

I've reached the stage where you know there is much to do and old work is crumbling, so it was uplifting last year to stumble on this information and recommendation on CBF. ( started from reading Rimms comments re Cagatay's  support and contributions to the children's charities.) Good luck George, keep us updated?  I expect we'll be sharing that same chair over the next few weeks!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Dental Implants Carried Out in Turkey
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 16:16:49 PM »
I will keep it warm for you Lotty. Let us all know how your treatment progresses

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 20:58:34 PM »
George I don't think you'll regret any of the dental work you've had or are having. I have a complete top denture supported on four implants which cost me 7,000 quid and it's the best money I have ever spent. I can eat anything I want with no difficulty, my palate is not covered so I can fully taste everything I eat and people don't believe me when I say that my top teeth are false  ;D ;D. I'd just love to know how much it would have cost in Turkey although I would not have had it done there unless I was resident.

I'll echo your comment that it didn't hurt but it was a bit scarey. The drill into the jawbone was bit more like my Black and Decker with the hammer on than my Dremmel  :(

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 21:31:38 PM »
Ken, I don't like giving costs as there are so many variables in this sort of treatment, so far mine has been far from 'standard' with a number of complications and maybe a million miles away from what you have had. My treatment as described above will cost less than £3,000 when complete.

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 17:45:17 PM »
I had implants by Cagatay as well last year Fantastic and about third of the price in Uk. This dentist really knows what  he is doing and cant recommend him highly enough

Offline Skiboy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 15:27:30 PM »
Hi I need one implant and have been thinking about getting it done in Fethiye so would be very grateful if someone could let me know where this dentist is please? Thank you!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 15:57:17 PM »
Hi, it's opposite Cafe Cafe in the first lane in Paspatur, parallel with the Migros main front road. If you walked through LC Waikiki and out of the back door, turn right and you'll come to the cafe on the left as you walk along. Cagatay Aras surgery is opposite, on the right upstairs. Hope his makes sense!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 16:28:14 PM »
Or on the main road where all of the banks are opposite Migros, find the D&P Perfume shop and you will see his board in the cut through to the cafe. The surgery is on the first floor, directly below the British consulate. It's last antibiotic for me tonight, I used the ice pack as instructed over the first 24 hours and have had very little swelling. Stitches out on Friday, then onward and upward.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 19:09:28 PM »
Much better directions! Hey all sounds good on the implants George, I'm getting myself psyched up for the start of my bridge work on Wednesday!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf