Author Topic: childrens vaccines  (Read 2278 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
childrens vaccines
« on: May 01, 2013, 19:33:28 PM »
Does anyone know if children in turkey are vaccinated against measles and if so is it the single vaccination or is it the three in one MMR ( measles mumps and rubella) like our children receive here in the UK.

I would be interested to know more if it is the single vaccination and if I would be able to pay for my son to have this vaccine (if available) when we are there.

thanks to anyone that's can help me with this info.

(just for the record I am not a knew member its Karen from telemessos  I have logged in through hubby as I haven't got around to redirecting when the site changed and can't remember what I was supposed to do lol! sorry).

thanks karen

Offline lindsey

Re: childrens vaccines
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 21:02:38 PM »
Yes innoculations for children are available and I believe you have the choice of the triple or single vaccine. They are free for children. You need to visit the Saglik Centre at the entrance to the Tuesday market near the canal. Coming in from the harbour side

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 21:03:07 PM »
The measles vaccination is compulsory here, and it is the single vaccine. You should be able to get the doctor at the local clinic, near to where you are staying, to give the vaccine. Normally you go to the chemist and purchase it, then take it to the doctor to administer.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 22:38:05 PM »
Thank you both

This is music to my ears, I can only find one clinic in the midlands that do the single vaccine and there is a six wk wait. There is currently epidemic in Wales so I am keen to get this done asap  in case it escalates and we are out to calis on the 19th may.

I would like to have this done at a private clinic where the medics are good English speaking (no intention if this sounds patronising) I just want to confirm that it is the single vaccine and not MMR and if I could be issued with an vaccine certificate or similar paperwork to bring back to the UK.

I would appreciate any recommendations of such clinics. I am happy to pay and to travel anywhere around fethiye region.

can I ask have you ladies have had first had experience of this vaccine?

thanks karen

Offline lindsey

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »
I used to work in the Medical Centre in Calis and because the vaccinations had to be registered the Doctor had to send everyone to the Government Clinic in Fethiye. Things may have changed as that was 3 years ago. But they are free. They may also do them at the Devlet Hospital where they have English speaking staff.

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »
My son has had the single vaccine, and it was documented in his 'red book' and also on his medical notes here. His injection was done at our local clinic (near the Sunday market in Calis). There is now a G.P style system in Fethiye. If you have a property here you will be able to use the doctor under your catchment area. Otherwise call into the Devlet hospital and go to the foreign office just on the left and ask there.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 13:52:02 PM »
Measles inocculation is done with 12 months and a second dose is given with 6/7 years.
If I remember it correctly it's not a single vaccination though but a 3 in 1 (measles mumps and rubella).

There is also an epidimic in Turkey going on and I know of children in Calis who have it at the moment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf