Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79580 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Brexit
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2018, 21:31:39 PM »
Well done Sadler.10 out of 10 for spelling shows u are a  lert😎😎😁

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2018, 00:53:29 AM »
I do not think in the short term we will see any immediate upturn in violence

However there are already well-advanced plans for legal civil disobedience and organised action to remove any infrastructure apparatus or technology sited to enforce a border.

Whilst we welll know that the chinless wonder Bullingdon types would struggle to find Ireland on a map let alone understand or care about the imposition of a hard border the determination not to have lives turned upside down is galvanising support against Brexit and in favour of unity

On a lighter note to underline the absurdity of trying to enforce a border I highlight a couple of scenarios which the bumbling jingoists need to get their head around

The border despite the way it looks on your tv weather maps is not a straight line. It runs through rivers towns even buildings. A pub ( now closed) had the unusual feature whereby the main lounge was in the North with the ladies loos in the South

One village has the border right along the white lines on one of its streets- the sight of a red post box ( Royal Mail)  on one side of the street facing a green one ( An Post) on the other is  often snapped by tourists.

Farmers fields straddle the border and in some areas if a hard border were to be imposed there could be up to a 11mile journey for the land owner to go from one field to the next

There are literally hundreds of crossing points and during our conflict the British army even blew up many of the roads to make them impassable. However with the ingenuity and determination of locals, Sundays often saw ' Road opening community days" whereby locals and supporters would gather to fill in the holes caused by the British army

Bottom line whilst the British never have and never will understand Ireland they have excelled themselves in the bungling bizarre ill thought out Brexit re the border

The obvious answer is that it’s not just our border. So we go no deal and let the EU sort it out.

Any trouble is then on their head.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2018, 07:31:54 AM »
Exactly the type of narrow view little Englander thinking that has contributed to the current Brexit mess

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2018, 10:44:59 AM »
So if people are killed or wounded, their families will have the solace of knowing that it wasn’t Britain’s fault. 
There’s a great article in today’s Independant about our first day of leaving the U.K. with no deal.  No scaremongering or project fear, just a realistic description of what will happen.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »
There’s a great article in today’s Independant about our first day of leaving the U.K. with no deal.  No scaremongering or project fear, just a realistic description of what will happen.

So, The Independent's not scaremongering........ much, is it ?

All of a sudden it's changed from from what COULD happen, to what WILL happen.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
I hope what WILL happen won't include any British ministers flying to Brussels to negotiate a new trade deal. What with there being no more flights anymore.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/309548/no-deal-brexit-warning-on-flights

Worth a read. Informative, NOT scaremongering, just preparing for “possibilities”.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Brexit
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »
Not ‘facts’ then this time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 13:40:12 PM by Scunner »

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 14:57:07 PM »
Oh how I wish I was as perfect as you and some of your cronies.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2018, 17:09:14 PM »
Long way to go yet Ray, keep trying though :D

I don't have any cronies as far as I know though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf