Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79563 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Brexit
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2018, 15:42:22 PM »
I guess this guy is lying through his teeth then?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline saoirse

« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2018, 07:27:37 AM »
To those who say they weren't fooled.......any word of that £350 mill a week for the NHS as per honest Boris and his bus!!!!

The simple fact is its impossible to find 2 brexiteers bless them- who can even agree amongst themselves what exactly they voted for.

Was it more control of the borders- whilst those of us on planet Earth knew the 270 crossing point one in Ireland is impossible to control? Or perhaps like those interviewed on Newsnight, it was " it will stop the Muslims, innit"

The reality is the empires gone- get over it. To succeed you need to be either a massive powerful nation or part of a massive trading bloc. Lord Snooty and his chinless wonder privileged elite won't be affected if/ when the economy hits the rocks- just the gullible forelock touching types too naive to see through their lies

Meanwhile from someone preferring both  Irish reunification and freedom for Scotland - Boris, Jacob, Arlene, Nigel- keep up the good work

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:38:48 AM by saoirse »

Offline saoirse

« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »
Lol!!!!

Pmsl!!!

WRONG attachment above!!!!!

Lol moderators please remove above attachment- this is correct one!!!!

Apologies for any offence, lol!!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Brexit
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »
Saoirse

Couldn’t the Sinn Fein MPs rock up to the Houses of Parliament to vote with the tories just to p1ss off the DUP    :)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2018, 14:23:01 PM »
I think one of the biggest lies was that we could control our laws.
I asked a Brexit fanatic friend which EU laws she objected to, and she had a look on her face like a bulldog chewing a wasp!  She couldnt think of one.
We’ve always had the power to ignore any laws we don’t like;  we could have ruled years ago that EU citizens didn’t have full access to our benefits system, but our government chose not to.
Brexiteers also claim laws and rules are made by unelected officials.  Strange, when I distinctly remember voting for our MEP.
The EU has played a big part in keeping peace in Europe for decades;  we have more in common than we have differences.  Trouble is, some dinosaurs still look on Germany as our enemies, and believe all French people hate us;  they’re not, and they don’t.  It would be tragic if our group of nations split after Brexit, and even more tragic if we cosy up any further to the USA.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2018, 14:54:27 PM »
......she had a look on her face like a bulldog chewing a wasp!

But she always has that look on her face !

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2018, 15:59:01 PM »
I voted to leave, I wasn’t fooled by anything or anyone. I’m not stupid and I am allowed to have an opinion along with everyone else who cast there vote and don’t appreciate being patronised by remainers  who think they have the moral high ground. We live in a democratic country and if the vote had gone the other way I would have accepted it because that is democracy. As Tony Benn said “The EU’s aim always was and remains not to ‘represent’ the peoples of Europe but to constrain popular sovereignty and democracy. The European Union is not Europe. It is the anti-democratic union of Europe’s political elites.”
The country voted to leave ‘get over it’

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf