Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79561 times)

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
Re: Brexit
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2018, 13:51:44 PM »
EU seems unwilling to negotiate so best way forward is no deal. Vote was for brexit so it must be honoured.

Offline villain

« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2018, 13:56:24 PM »
EU seems unwilling to negotiate so best way forward is no deal. Vote was for brexit so it must be honoured.

That is a very strange way of looking at what actually happened.

Merkel repeatedly asked exactly what it was Theresa May wanted from the EU this morning.

Theresa May didn't have an answer.

Offline davybill

« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »
 Theresa May is on a no deal situation from both sides.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2018, 15:15:22 PM »
May does not want anything from the EU as she wants to stay part of EU. She has even said if her deal, with the backstop, is not accepted there may be no brexit. She is hoping.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2018, 15:23:12 PM »
Icalis, do you really think there was a better deal to be had?  Do you think if Boris had stormed in all guns blazing, the EU would have capitulated and given us a great deal?  Do you believe in the tooth fairy, Santa and unicorns? 
Why would they give us a good deal;  as soon as A50 was submitted, we were leaving and they owed us nothing - quite the reverse. 
I could have predicted the current situation two years ago.

Offline davybill

« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:32 AM »
I dont think anyone exspected anything from the EU.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #376 on: December 16, 2018, 12:47:26 PM »
Why would we have, davybill? 
If you left a golf club, you wouldn’t expect to keep on playing for nothing. 
The EU has trade agreements with over 70 countries they can import from/export to;  I think we overestimate our own importance in the scheme of things.

Offline villain

« Reply #377 on: December 16, 2018, 13:38:11 PM »
I dont think anyone exspected anything from the EU.

But you were told to expect "The easiest deal in human history", weren't you?

I didn't hear any leaver say that statement, and many other similar to that was a load of old cobblers at the time.

And when economists, trade negotiators and general "experts" said it a load of old cobblers, it was shouted down as "project fear".

I will say it again, you were lied to. Worse still, the liars are still lying.

The latest lie being the preposterous so-called "Managed No Deal". Yet again, a meaningless term thrown around like confetti. It means, as usual, whatever who's saying it wants it to mean, yet it is strangely never detailed or explained because once they try to, they know they will get laughed at.

I've heard leavers like David Davis talk about leaving on No Deal, then using the Transition period to "sort things out". The fatal flaw in that is if there is no deal, then there will simply be no transition period at all. The man is simply clueless. This was the same David Davis who is still waiting for the German car manufacturers to ride in from somewhere over the horizon to save us, and also the same David Davis who believed that we could do bilteral Trade Deals in France and Germany, the same David Davis who thought we would *by now* have already have negotiated Free Trade Agreements with an economic value to us far greater than the EU and the same David Davis who thought that the Irish border was an internal UK border so "no problemo".

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #378 on: December 16, 2018, 15:14:48 PM »
Unlike many remainers I do not rely on others to make my way in life. Too many snowflakes and milleniums cannot manage without relying on others. The 'there is no such thing as failure' generations. It was majority of them who voted remain. No knowledge of life outside EU yet telling us how we need to be part of it.
 Leave with no deal and be free of the leeching corrupt EU.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2018, 06:07:19 AM »
So, iCalis, you’re saying over 16 million people are snowflakes and millennials?  A shocking generalisation if you don’t mind me saying so.
I’m 68 years old and worked for over 40 years without receiving any benefits apart from Family Allowance;  my husband could say the same. 
Every single country in the world relies on others to some extent;  we live on islands with barely any manufacturing industry or natural resources like oil or mineral deposits.  Our climate is not conducive to growing all our own food. 
If I want to buy a car, a fridge, clothing, or even a bunch of bananas, I would have to rely on another country to supply it.
Yes, the EU is not perfect and needs some reform, but they do not have a monopoly on corruption - few countries, if any, are free of it.
Why do you think that paragon of virtue Trump is so keen on Brexit;  if anyone believes it’s because he loves us because his mother was born here, they’re being naive and, in my opinion, stupid.  He wants to sell us stuff, like tainted foods, and for his insurance companies to get their dirty hands on our NHS.

I see today that May has said a second vote would be “a betrayal of The  People”.  Who does she think would vote in such a vote other than The People?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf