Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79592 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexit
« Reply #420 on: December 22, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »
Yes, I would, davybill especially if the canvassers’ accounts are properly audited, and it can be proved without doubt that there was no foreign interference in the campaign.
Two and a half  a years on from the referendum, anyone who hasn’t been in a cave now knows 99% more about the effects of Brexit than they did then, so would make a more informed choice.

Offline madmart

« Reply #421 on: December 22, 2018, 10:07:30 AM »
Lindsay

Why should ex-pats have had a vote on Brexit?
By moving to Turkey surely they have decided already to live outside the EU.
Excuse my ignorance on this but surely they don't get to vote in normal elections either.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexi
« Reply #422 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
Expats living in the EU should have had a vote, in my opinion.  The outcome will affect their lives to a great extent, in some cases as much as those still living here. 
Had they voted, I feel sure we wouldn’t be having this conversation now, as Brexit would be like s nightmare we had two years ago.

Offline madmart

« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »
So now you are saying that only those who live in the EU should have been allowed to vote in the referendum.

Is that because they would be more likely to vote the way you wanted?

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2018, 14:27:46 PM »
and it can be proved without doubt that there was no foreign interference in the campaign.

So there should not have been Mark Carney and Obama getting airtime to support remain.

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2018, 14:28:55 PM »
Expats living in the EU should have had a vote, in my opinion.  The outcome will affect their lives to a great extent, in some cases as much as those still living here. 
Had they voted, I feel sure we wouldn’t be having this conversation now, as Brexit would be like s nightmare we had two years ago.

With respect, I don't see why Ex Pats should have a vote...where do you draw a line on those eligible?

I'm also pretty certain they will be effected, as will the UK and pretty much the rest of Europe.
But, they left the UK to better their lives in sunnier climes...leaving the UK means leaving the UK surely!

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2018, 15:07:57 PM »
Of course not, madmart, I meant as well as us.
I honestly believe Russia had a big influence on the vote;  it’s in their interest to destabilise Europe.  I remember a few weeks ago, a businessman admitted to receiving a donation from Russia for his Leave organisation.
Yes, Obama stated he thought we should remain, but he hasn’t been as vociferous as Trump, who wants us to leave, for sinister reasons in my opinion. 
It has also been proved the Leave campaign overspent on referendum business, against electoral law.
Yes, Carney is Canadian, but he’s not a bystander in this matter, he’s Governor of the Bank of England, and as such would be in dereliction of his duties if he didn’t observe and comment.  I believe he has good evidence to support his comments.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #427 on: December 22, 2018, 15:27:38 PM »
Lindsey - do you believe that EU citizens living in the UK should have a vote.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #428 on: December 22, 2018, 17:36:54 PM »
Both Carney and Osborne have been proven to have been wrong with their project fear. No lies about the brexit campaign been proven.
Did not receive any interference from Russia in my descision. How many did?

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #429 on: December 22, 2018, 19:09:50 PM »
No, I don’t, Highlander;  this is our mess, of our doing.  The Brits in Europe are still Brits, and some of them still have homes in the U.K. like ex pats in Turkey do.
The ‘Project Fear’ was based on what would happen after we left the EU.  They can’t possibly be proved wrong until next year.
Putin is a big fan of Brexit;  we’d be fools if we believed this was because of love for our country, or that he had a desire for us to do well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf