Author Topic: Alcohol Ban  (Read 1559 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Alcohol Ban
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:31:48 PM »
Interesting article in TZ:
<font color="black">
<i>The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages at sports and youth clubs will be banned all across Turkey as of March 31. An official communiqué forwarded to more than 50 sports and youth clubs by the Denizli Governor's Office states it will be prohibited to sell and consume alcoholic beverage at such establishments as of the end of March.

"Sports and youth clubs whose managers wish to sell alcoholic beverage should be moved to zones where the sale and consumption of alcohol is not prohibited. Otherwise, their alcoholic beverage sales license will be revoked," read the communiqué.

Managers of several sports and youth clubs who didn't wish to comply with the communiqué filed a lawsuit against the Denizli Governor's Office at an administrative court in Denizli. However, their application was rejected by the court. They have since applied to the Council of State to extend the timeframe granted to them to move their clubs to zones where alcoholic beverage can be sold and consumed freely.</i></font id="black"> Source

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf