Author Topic: disablity  (Read 6033 times)

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
disablity
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
Hi all. I have hurt my foot and cant walk. If I arrange for a wheelchair at the airports, how does it work in Turkey? Do I just get taken to the exit door of the airport in Dalaman,or to the taxi in the car park. Not done this before so I am not sure even what questions to ask! On my homeward journey where do I go in Dalaman to pick up a wheelchair....am I taken straight to Departures or can I get up to the food hall- and if so how do I get down again to departures? And where is the best place to go for a wheelchair for 2 weeks in Calis? I am staying at Carreta Apart near BIM. Thanks Christine

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Re: disablity
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »
Firstly, You need to contact your carrier and tell them that you need wheelchair assistance. They will arrange it for your return journey as well. You need to let them know at each airport, again search out the rep at the airport. TBH I don't think they will take you to the food hall, I think they will take you straight to the departure lounge...so arrange to take sandwiches or snacks with you.
The 3C's have a wheelchair which they hire out....If you contact Liz101 on here i'm sure she will help you.

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 13:52:04 PM »
Thanks - we are not coming with a Tour company so we don't have a rep to ask?
 Thanks for the 3Cs link - I will ask...oops cant see how to do that so have posted on here with the subject Liz101- will that find her?

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 14:32:05 PM »
If you are staying at the Caretta Apts you should email them in advance, if you haven't already done so, to tell them you're in a wheelchair as you'll need a ground floor apartment. They are a great team there and will do whatever they can to help you.

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 15:52:42 PM »
thanks - have stayed many times and you are right they are a good team. Steps I can manage - any walking more than 50meters and I am in pain! So the beach is a big problem,or getting there is!

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 16:10:03 PM »
Oh right, wasn't sure if you'd stayed there before or not. Pretty sure they'll look after you   :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 21:32:35 PM »
Hi Siamesechris let your airline know and they will add assistance to your flight ticket and allocate you seats at either front or back of plane. When you get to Dalaman for your return flight there is a phone for assistance just outside the departure building doors. When they know you are there then will bring out a wheechair for you and accompany you through check in security etc. Not sure about taking you up to food hall. Best of luck and have a nice holiday. Dr Can and his team at Caretta are great and will take good care of you.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 06:55:07 AM »
With regards to the wheel chair for 2 weeks, I will let the 3C's know.  Can you let me know what dates you will require it for.

Offline siamesechris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 14:39:54 PM »
brilliant - -Thank you so much !PI55

Offline cathy h

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 14:50:30 PM »
Hi Christine, I work with the 3C's and can organise the wheelchair hire for you. We do have 2 bookings already for your dates but I am pretty sure that we have another wheelchair available too. I will check availability tomorrow and confirm for you. The rental cost is 10tl per day. Cheers, Cathy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf