Author Topic: Animal Aid Quiz  (Read 3047 times)

Offline GJMEP

• Newly Registered
Animal Aid Quiz
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »
Our Quiz is every Thursday, 8pm at the Nil Bar Çalış.  Our fun quiz is free to join and everyone is welcome, raising money for the street animals in Çalış and Fethiye.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Animal Aid Quiz
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
We went to the Nil on a Thursday last year and did not know the quiz was on.  We walked in to the middle of it.
It looked like great fun and we will make a point of getting there at 8.00pm next time we are over.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
The wonderful Elaine Patten (who compiles and hosts our weekly quiz) has decided to do something new for the Animal Aid quiz this week - an Alphabet Quiz. There will still be general knowledge, music, anagrams and pictures but with a broader base as it's not tied to a particular year. Come and join us at the Nil Bar in Calis at 8pm this coming Thursday.  Everyone welcome.

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »
I'm hoping to move out to Calis hopefully this year and will be looking to volunteer as I don't want to get stir crazy. I am also an animal lover (planning to bring my dog with me   :)) I also love a quiz ! Is this something you do throughout the year?  I will be coming out alone so looking to make friends

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »
You are not going to be short of company in calis KazB. There are loads of groups for everything.I'm sure you will be fine.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
I'm hoping to move out to Calis hopefully this year and will be looking to volunteer as I don't want to get stir crazy. I am also an animal lover (planning to bring my dog with me    :)) I also love a quiz ! Is this something you do throughout the year?  I will be coming out alone so looking to make friends
Animal Aid Quiz every Thursday at the Nil Bar Kaz and you don't have to be Einstein as it's a fun quiz with loads of laughs.  AA are in desperate need of volunteers so you will be welcomed with open arms.
If you're on FB, Animal Aid have their own group page which you can join and see the tremendous amount of work that's being done, and which still needs to be done.

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments makes me more determined than ever to make the move. I'm in Dalyan in June and hoping to come over for the day to see the changes since I was last there

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
A really successful and entertaining quiz night at the Nil Bar last night which raised 520 lira for the furries, a remarkable sum given that it's so early in the year.  Thanks to everyone who bought raffle tickets and particularly to three very generous gentlemen.  One chap won a beautiful handmade Easter Egg in the raffle and donated it back for auction, a second chap paid 50 lira for it and offered the egg up for auction again and a third guy successfully bid 40 lira for it.  It was a great night and everyone enjoyed themselves.
In addition to the regular activities, Animal Aid have a couple of special events coming up in April, not including the Medium Nights details of which I've already posted.  Hope those of you in the area at the time will be supportive.

NOTE: THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY 15TH APRIL because of the Turkish Referendum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf