Author Topic: Damp Proofing  (Read 1637 times)

Offline easyfood

« on: February 11, 2015, 16:29:53 PM »
I appear to have rising damp!!  Does anyone know who I could contact and approximate cost.  The paint is flaking off in nearly all rooms.  Although I am going to replaster some of the worst bits, I know I will need a damp proof course installed.  Any information would be appreciated.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Damp Proofing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 20:46:34 PM »
If you go into search and click on advanced search - search for damp and there are plenty discussions.

The long and the short of it is however, paints, renders etc are a waste of money as the damp just returns. There was one property where a larger scale operation was carried out and was apparently successful, certainly in the early days. There needs to be an update after a couple of scorching summers and wet winters to see how things are going longer term.

I'll see if I can search out that topic for you.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 20:50:55 PM »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 00:44:31 AM »
I think , according to the number of members who complain of damp in their Turkish properties, that dampness in Turkish buildings is akin to the windows, i.e. it is built in to the property !! Turkish builders have, for many, many years, built homes, offices, bars, restaurants etc. without EVER installing air-bricks, or any kind of ventilation ( apart from the aforesaid windows, that is ) !! Constant ventilation is a MUST in any building, no ventilation = beacoup de dampness !!  You are welcome .    ;) ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf