Author Topic: Tom Tom  (Read 895 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Tom Tom
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:04:20 AM »
In January I bought Nick a new Sat Nav system. As is Nicks way he spent many hours researching the model he wanted. He decided on a Tom Tom model with speed camera maps and European breakdown cover. The system arrived and he used it a few times but it became obvious that there was a problem with the on/off button. He sent it back to the retailer for a new device. Trouble was we had the same problem with the new machine. It took so long to sort we were outside of the full refund time. Eventually we were asked to send the machine back to Tom Tom for a new device to be sent, when the new one came it was clear that it was second hand, covered in scratches and a little tatty and they did not return the box with all the codes needed to access the camera database and european breakdown services. Tom Tom once again asked for the device to be sent back having denied that this would be the case. They have now conceded that it was a second hand machine and have promised to send a new one.....still waiting 3 months since our purchase we have been unable to use it all but a few trips to Tesco. So far Nick has manage to negotiate several extras including the Maps of Turkey but of little use without a working machine[:(!]

Tutt Tutt Tom Tom

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Tom Tom
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »
gb more like dum dum.do you know what i was looking at this model last week deciding whether to get this one or another, i could not make my mind up and thought i would go back on saturday .
well your post as made my mind up thanks for the post

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Tom Tom
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 16:31:13 PM »
When I had a problem with my Tom Tom, it would not connect to the system, they ran me through hoops trying to update it via their web site but when they finally excepted that it was a faulty machine I sent it back to them and it was replaced in two days. :D

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Tom Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:33 AM »
We have got a Garmin sat nav that seems as good as Tom Tom so what do you do just take your chance. [^]

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Tom Tom
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:24:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

We have got a Garmin sat nav that seems as good as Tom Tom so what do you do just take your chance. [^]

Can the Garmin ones find banks? :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Tom Tom
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 20:11:35 PM »
We had a garmin, basic but effective but he in doors with time on his hands decided he wanted this one. We told Tom Tom we were away this weekend and would really appreciate if they could get the replacement for the weekend- guess what - nothing....

Often you appreciate that these things happen but it's how they deal with you as much as anything. They have treated us with suspicion and made us proove that they sent us a second hand machine and now we have prooved it by sending it back again we had to MAP READ over the weekend - outrageous  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf