Author Topic: Three Blind Bankers  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Three Blind Bankers
« on: April 05, 2013, 17:04:06 PM »
... or the Mad Bankers' Tea Party

The Banking Standards Commission has found the top three bankers who caused the collapse of HBOS in 2008 to have been incompetent and reckless in their leadership of the bank. It also found that it was sheer arrogance that led them to ignore financial professionals warnings about this prior to the collapse. It also criticises the, now abolished, Financial Standards Authority for failing to question whether these three characters were fit and proper persons to continue to work in the financial sector.
 The Commission recommends that each of the three is banned from occupying senor positions of responsibility in the UK financial sector. One, who amazingly was still an adviser and board member of an investment company, has been asked (i.e. required) to resign his positions following the report. Unfortunately there is not equivalent of reckless driving – reckless banking – so we are still not going see bankers behind bars.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22027664

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Three Blind Bankers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 17:09:06 PM »
On BBC4 tonight there is a new Swedish detective drama. Now these are usually grim and gloomy. But tonight's story is about a serial killer who specializes in murdering financiers. So, that's going to be fun then.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Three Blind Bankers
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 19:16:18 PM »
On BBC4 tonight there is a new Swedish detective drama. Now these are usually grim and gloomy. But tonight's story is about a serial killer who specializes in murdering financiers. So, that's going to be fun then.
Can I view that on IPlayer?  I'd hate to think that I have missed such fun telly!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf