Author Topic: "Disappointing"  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: "Disappointing"
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 16:54:19 PM »
I think in Suarez's case a trip to a tug o'war team for extractions.

It's very easy for the likes of Rogers and Fowler to criticise the ban, especially when they don't offer their view on what is acceptable. Less than 10 games is not acceptable in my view and I would again like to know what these two "professionals" think biting on a football field should get. They aren't brave enough to say.

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
"Disappointing"
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 19:09:48 PM »
Sorry Scunner - think a 10 match ban is a tad too excessive!! Don't agree with what he did but 'personally' I think a 6 match ban is quite sufficient. I think the club should really invest in an anger management course for him - there is definitely something in his past that triggers these episodes!! I don't condone this but it at least he didn't deliberately break anyone's legs and ruin their career's which other so called "professionals" have done in the past and only been issued with the standard 3 month ban for violent misconduct!! Just my opinion!!

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
"Disappointing"
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 19:12:35 PM »
Sorry - meant 3 match ban - not 3 month ban!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 19:24:24 PM »
10 matches too long for a grown man sinking his teeth into another grown man just because things weren't going quite to his liking.

Tell me Chris, if an adult turned round to George and bit violently into his arm, would a few weeks not working satisfy you as a punishment? Assuming your answer is no, why is it acceptable punishment for someone who earns £100,000 a week (or whatever ridiculous amount it might be) to do it to a fellow professional in front of tens of millions of viewers, including many children.

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
"Disappointing"
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 19:53:17 PM »
Keith, I totally agree that a 10 game ban is acceptable if the FA show consistency when they are dishing out bans for other "disgusting" acts on the playing field!! I agree that I would not be happy if someone sank their teeth into George (as wrong as it is, it is not life or career threatening) but would be mortified if they tried to deliberately cripple him!! Seems to me where the referees are concerned there are many double standards!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 20:00:53 PM »
It's disappointing to see this thread turn into a discussion on Suarez  ;).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 20:02:28 PM »
Yes, so far off topic, that topic being one that specifically mentions what we are discussing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf