Author Topic: UK & "Islamic State"  (Read 8173 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: UK & "Islamic State"
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »
Does that apply to Israel and Palestine or to Islamic State versus everyone else?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:50 AM »
At this moment in time it applies to IS

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »
These countries were better off before US and UK intervention, where are Saddams weapons of mass destruction? why don't Isis attack Israel? they are not muslim but killing Palestinian kids who are muslim. People need to wake up what is happening around them.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Not sure many Kurds will agree with you in respect of Iraq and Saddam Hussein...

JF

Offline apollo

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »
Not sure many Kurds will agree with you in respect of Iraq and Saddam Hussein...

JF

Is Iraq , following our intervention , a safer place than it was during Saddam Hussein's reign? It has taken months for the Government to be formed. During which time ISIS was free to develop and capture vast quantities of US supplied equipment and ammunition.

Offline apollo

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 13:04:17 PM »
Israel and the Palestine issue has been the major cause of unrest in the region. And the covert US support for the Taliban during the Russo/Afghanistan war ( which the US actively encouraged) . Has done more to ferment radical Islam than any other act in history. The politicians do not understand the politics of these regions and should leave well alone. As I wrote in an earlier post , their money would have been better spent on persuading these tyrants that there was a better way, than depositing cash in Swiss bank accounts, to look after there countries.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 13:07:56 PM »
Is Iraq , following our intervention , a safer place than it was during Saddam Hussein's reign?
In general terms, I suspect not.  However, my comment was in response to how a Kurd would view the statement "These countries were better off before US and UK intervention".

Incidences such as the Anfal campaign of 1987/8 were horrific with up to 100,000 men, women and children murdered by the use of chemical weapons.  Remember "Chemical Ali"?.

JF

Offline apollo

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 13:22:22 PM »
I do not condone these awful actions but there must be a better way than bombing the hell out of a country to encourage regime change or to help improve the lives of the people.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »
We should have left the Middle East as it was. However since we didn't and 9/11 7/7 happened we cannot run the risk of these maniacs becoming any more powerful than they are.

To do nothing would mean the whole of the Middle East will come under threat from these people.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
I don't think for a minute they would stop at the Middle East, and I don't think the English Channel would

provide a very effective moat.They want to rule an Islamic World. (a bit like someone else. }

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf