Author Topic: Long Distance Swimming  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Long Distance Swimming
« on: May 02, 2008, 13:03:05 PM »
Has anyone done any long distance swimming in Calis/Fethiye region. My grandaughter is hoping to swim the English channel in 2010 and needs to get in some practice. Is it permissable to swim from Calis to Fethiye and does anyone know a boatman who would be willing to pilot a 'safety boat' while she attempts this?
And  does anyone know how far is the journey from Calis to Fethiye over the sea. Hoipe you can help with this one?
TB

Offline mutlusandra

Long Distance Swimming
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 13:30:44 PM »
Sorry i dont know any answers to your questions, but i know i can do 4km although slowly. How about asking a few others to join your granddaughter and make a party/bbq/picnic day of it. I am sure there will be some long distance swimmers amounst us who are up for the challange, anyway just an idea!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 13:31:27 PM by mutlusandra »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Long Distance Swimming
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 13:42:25 PM »
 :)You mi8ght find the Calis/ fethiye route a bit awkward because of very shallow gullies, plus its a busy route, you could try swimming to one of the islands though, cant see you having any problem getting a boat to accompany you, good on her, and the best of luck. ;)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Long Distance Swimming
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 17:02:59 PM »
Thank you both - never thought about the gullies. No problem that it is a busy route as it will not be as busy as the English channel and she will need to cope with such problems.  The idea of a group swim is a great idea. Will give it some thought. Thanks once again.
TB

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf