Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 5264 times)

Offline tonyb

Boxing
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
I'm with you Eric. ALI.Not called The Greatest just by himself either.Enough said.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Boxing
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
Surely the greatest were Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed the amount of punches those two took unbelievable.:D ;)

Offline davybill

Boxing
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:31 AM »
i think ali was the best he danced like a butterfly and stung like a bee.
even after a lay off because he refused to soldier on,
rocky marciano great,but i think ali would have been to fast for him,

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Boxing
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »
Ali, The Greatest Boxer Ever. :) :)

Offline hoops man

Boxing
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 17:30:39 PM »
Marciano beat Ali. Didnt you all see it? Ali kept knocking off rockys wig. Rocky got angry and said if you do that again i will kill you. Ali said even way after he gave up boxing Rocky had an unbelievable punch. Ali was great but not the Greatest as he would say to all. My case.....Apart from Frazier and Forman who did Ali beat who we would consider a great fighter thus putting Ali as the greatest? if you look at the lower divisions many fighters could claim to be the best ever after having brawls and fighting worthy contenders. What about the 80s light/middleweight and middleweight? Duran, Leonard,Hagler and a few other fighter in this weight that were awesome in their own right. These fighter fought each other more than once and had skill, endurance,technical skill and hearts of gold . They alway fought the best. Ali fought a few bums, actually quite a few. just my opinion sorry. To name a few more worthy contenders, Joe louis fought everyone in his time and ruled for years, Tyson youngest heavyweight knocked down most and he was half the size, Azuma Nelson, tiny but amazing skill and unbeatable, oscar dela hoya,champion at many different weights and fought all the best fighters(no bums) etc etc etc. We had some good British fighters also.

Offline ringo

Boxing
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 21:26:01 PM »
Ali also said after one fight with frazier it was the closest thing to dying.And i think Tyson was a much tougher fighter than Frazier.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Boxing
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 11:41:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ringo

Ali also said after one fight with frazier it was the closest thing to dying.And i think Tyson was a much tougher fighter than Frazier.
Yeah, but he wasn't half the boxer  8)

Surprised Joe Calzaghe hasn't been mentioned [?]

Offline hoops man

Boxing
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
Calzaghe was good, damn good. Would loved to have seen him fight Bernard Hopkins when he was at his peak. Also Roy Jones Jnr again a candidate for the best fighter ever. Unstoppable when in his prime. Moved weights and beat everyone again. True measure of a fantastic boxer or fighter.

Offline ringo

Boxing
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
Marciano was a fighter not a boxer and how many managed to beat him?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Boxing
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 13:26:19 PM »
Thats fair comment Barry, but how many of Marciano,s opponents could jab your head off like Ali could.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf